Ppi

RichardB

Anyone won back anything for those nice people at the banks ?

How do you prove today that you bought PPI years ago and you either did not know about it of did not require it.?

Not much idea about the mechanics of it. A certain bank with blue signs has just handed me back a very considerable sum of money though. It cost 30% of the award to the claims company, but, from a start point of zero, its a result.

How do you prove today that you bought PPI years ago and you either did not know about it of did not require it.?

Anyone won back anything for those nice people at the banks ?

Since the 2008 banking crisis, and the banks response to us giving them a bail out which they abused they are no longer "those nice people" at the bank.

These days they are the most despised, hated and distrusted people in the country.

You wouldn't trust them to buy a second hand car off them, - yet we have to trust them with all our earnings.

They may be "those nice people at the bank" while you are paying your money in, but they are often not so nice when you want some of it back.

They are closed when most people want to use them, provide you with impersonal machines that don't work and constantly harrass you by phone trying to sell you something with a call which starts, reading between the lines "we have been snooping around looking at your account without your permission and we think we can save you some money by offering you our new "you pay us for the services" account"" and this is followed unconsciously and subliminally by "please take this offer up so that I can justify paying myself a 6 figure annual bonus out of public funds and then retire, also on a non-contributary 6 figure, gold plated, fat cat, annual pension"

I have seriously lost it with banks. there was a time when HSBC stood for "Have Some Bloomin' Cash" but now it seems to be "Ha-ha, Sucker Been Caught"

If you can get money back from them Richard, well done and good luck to you.

After all, they owe us millions and although you wouldn't think so WE actually own a large part of them.

Cheques received today - slightly over £16,000 - get a lot of fees to pay but £10,000 more than I had when I started - and we actually signed up for PPI at the time !

If you can get money back from them Richard, well done and good luck to you.

Cheques received today - slightly over £16,000 - get a lot of fees to pay but £10,000 more than I had when I started - and we actually signed up for PPI at the time !

Legal Fees !!!

Lawyers and Solicitors are as bad as Bankers when it comes money.

So, the Bank fiddled you out of £16,000,

..and someone charged you £6000 just to get back what was rightfully yours in the first place!! :blink: :angry:

I'm stupid, so I can be happy with £10,000; more to come £900 (clear).

Legal Fees !!!

Lawyers and Solicitors are as bad as Bankers when it comes money.

So, the Bank fiddled you out of £16,000,

..and someone charged you £6000 just to get back what was rightfully yours in the first place!! :blink::angry:

I'm stupid, so I can be happy with £10,000; more to come £900 (clear).

Not that stupid Richard.

It's difficult to avoid these moneygrabbers these days

..and you are £10,000 better off than you thought you were.

Well done, enjoy your windfall ;-)