Need Help Finding House History

Guest soooz1

Guest soooz1

Hello,

I am looking for information on residents of 45 collegiate Crescent, Sheffield

So far this property has cropped up for three different family members in my tree research.

However as far as i can tell for them other family members swear blind they lived at other addresses at these times.

The most recent find was from Arthur Carpenter's WW1 details 1915-1918-sh. His next of kin was down as his mother at the above address

The other two were Emily Selby and Lucy Howarth - marriage records and war ID card addresses! Late 1930's early 1940's

HOWEVER! When i looked at the directories all i could find were a family called Drabble occupying this house for most of their life.

I was wondering if anyone could double check the house history for me in the directories to find out anything that could be a clue to helping me solve this mystery.

Regards

Sue

Hello, I am looking for information on residents of 45 collegiate Crescent, Sheffield So far this property has cropped up for three different family members in my tree research. However as far as i can tell for them other family members swear blind they lived at other addresses at these times. The most recent find was from Arthur Carpenter's WW1 details 1915-1918-sh. His next of kin was down as his mother at the above address The other two were Emily Selby and Lucy Howarth - marriage records and war ID card addresses! Late 1930's early 1940's HOWEVER! When i looked at the directories all i could find were a family called Drabble occupying this house for most of their life. I was wondering if anyone could double check the house history for me in the directories to find out anything that could be a clue to helping me solve this mystery. Regards Sue

Hi snooz 1

The only record of 45 Collegiate Crescent is in the 1911 Cencus and there is a Family called Keeton living there.

Paul Keeton Born Clay Cross 1862.

Wife

Lucy Keeton Born Sheffield 1863.

Daughter

Emily Keeton Born Sheffield 1888.

Daughter

Ethel Keeton Born Sheffield 1890.

Servant

Charlotte Ransom.

Mr Walter John Denniff and wife Mary; he's a Fruit and Potato merchant at Castle Folds Market (White's 1905); don't know about any kids.

Hello,

So far this property has cropped up for three different family members in my tree research.

However as far as i can tell for them other family members swear blind they lived at other addresses at these times.

The most recent find was from Arthur Carpenter's WW1 details 1915-1918-sh. His next of kin was down as his mother at the above address

The other two were Emily Selby and Lucy Howarth - marriage records and war ID card addresses! Late 1930's early 1940's

HOWEVER! When i looked at the directories all i could find were a family called Drabble occupying this house for most of their life.

I was wondering if anyone could double check the house history for me in the directories to find out anything that could be a clue to helping me solve this mystery.

Regards

Sue

http://www.sheffieldsoldierww1.co.uk/RFC/d.html

Details :

Charles Frederick Drabble, died 13/8/1918; Son of Alexander and Emma Kinder Drabble of 45 Collegiate Crescent, Sheffield, Yorkshire. Native of Clay Cross, Derbyshire, Flesquieres Hill British Cemetery, France - IV B 21/2. (Thanks Dean)

Hello,

Regards

Sue

Guest soooz1

thanks. The Keetons are my family members Emily was born a Keeton but i cannot find the dates to match the names that "lived there". Were there any Carpenters ever living there? Or Tinkers? The dates i look for always seem to clash with the Drabble's. For example the Drabble info posted here is at the same time Alice Carpenter was supposed to be living there on the next of kin notice for end of the first world war :/

Guest soooz1

Also the marriages for Lucy and Emily Tinker would have been nearing the end of the second world war.

Emily Keeton is their aunt who married Arthur Carpenter in the first world war

the years difference between them is large in comparison with the amount of times they moved so how on earth they ended up "back at collegiate crescent" i cannot understand