Sheffield's Super Tram [And Now For Something Ever So Slightly Different]

Unitedite Returns

Over the couple of years that I have been looking into this forum, I have seen some very excellent photographs of and articles about our wonderful modern tram system and there is nothing new that I could ever add that would be in anyway different to those previously submitted articles by others.

What I can share with you however, is a series of photographs that I took during the constructional and commissioning stages of the supertram network, as I suppose that those must now constitute "history" of at least some sorts.

I would guess that in total, that I must have taken roughly 150+ images in total over a period of several months, but unfortunately, I did not cover any stage at all of the Sheffield to Hillsborough Construction Phase.

I wish in hindsight that I had taken a great deal more photographs at the time [how often have I said that], but those were the years when I mostly lived and worked away from Sheffield and the spare time that I did have was spent between trying to live a normal life, trying to record some aspects of the Supertram Construction and trying to record what was left of our rapidly disappearing coal mining and steel industries.

Anyhow, I hope that you find the attached selection to be worth the addition.

If there is any real interest, then I will try to scan and download some more.

Kindest regards;

I wish in hindsight that I had taken a great deal more photographs at the time [how often have I said that].

Hello 'Unitedite Returns'. How often have we all said that ! Thanks for memories. W/E.

Here are some more photographs taken during the super tram construction - commissioning stages.

I hope that you find these to be interesting too.

There are no prizes for correctly guessing the locations. I would imagine that these are pretty much self-evident to everyone. lol

Somewhere around I have loads of pictures taken during construction as I worked on the project from 1990 until construction finished. I must get these scanned.