Tinsley Park Cemetery Lookups?

Oldbloke

I'm looking for a couple of graves which I'm sure are in Tinsley Park.

Arthur George died Nov 1945 and his wife Emma Jane died Mar 1969

and

Charles Simpson died Dec 1935 and his wife Annie died Mar 1945

Burials in Tinsley Park Cemetery

Grave I150c [section ‘I’ grave ‘150’ c=consecrated]

GEORGE Arthur 7 Nov 1945 63 blacksmith 343 Darnall Rd / City Genl Hos Sheffield

GEORGE Emily Jane 11 Mar 1969 86 widow 27 Beaumont Avenue Sheffield

Grave DB80gp [gp=general portion, ie non-consecrated]

SIMPSON Annie 7 Mar 1945 80 widow 343 Darnall Rd/2 Herries Rd Sheffield

SIMPSON Charles 16 Jan 1939 76 stone waller 19 Stovin Rd Sheffield

Plan of the cemetery from Sheffield Indexers:

http://sheffieldindexers.com/images/TinsleyPark_Cem_1.jpg

As you can see, the transcription has a different date for Charles SIMPSON.

Hugh

Guest mblondie4uxx

i have been in that cemetry today looking for my great grandparent i know is in their but cannot find their grave whilst doing so their are many Firths there i reflected this as Firth became a known name in sheffield steel works and some where related although the man himself is in sheffield cemetry sharrow vale

Guest mblondie4uxx

Looking for a HEAD Stone in Tinsley Park Cemetry Herbert Petch 5/4/1947 age 64 & wife Ada (Nee Yates) 26/4/1964 approx Sa 23? There are no head stones but both uncles and my father said there was one there once?

I know some cemetries are removing headstones to reclaim if relatives cannot be found, does anyone know if this could be the case of my two missing relatives/

Guest kevos53

hi, i hope someone out there can assist me in locating the grave of my paternal grandparents there is a good chance they were buried in tinsley park cemetery as this is where my father was buried. their names were willie walker and his wife was florence walker nee toseland .willie died in 1946 in sheffield (attercliffe) but i am unsure when florence died or where she died any information would be gratefully recieved many thanks

The Section is S grave# 125 Consecrated.

WALKER Albert 19 Oct 1918 4 son of Willie 55 Surbiton St Carbrook S125c LEDGER Arthur 16 Sep 1905 11 son of Joshua 80 Milford St Carbrook S125c WALKER Florence 13 Jul 1946 64 wife of Willie 55 Surbiton St Sheffield S125c WALKER Margaret 19 Oct 1918 6 dau of Willie 55 Surbiton St Carbrook S125c WALKER Walter 19 Oct 1918 5 son of Willie 55 Surbiton St Carbrook S125c WALKER Willie 2 Nov 1946 67 labourer 51 Greasborough Rd Sheffield

S125c

Guest kevos53

hi bonnie, thanks for your response, can you perhaps give me some idea of what this means as i see it, are all the people mentioned in the grave plot section s number 125 c. if this is correct my father had siblings that died at the ages of 4,6 ,5 that i did,nt know about but also what i find confusing is the internment of arthur ledger as i have no idea who this is .also does the information you have given to me tell me that the siblings albert,margaret,andwalter were triplets please help many thanks kevos

According to the transcription for Tinsley Park cemetery produced by Sheffield & District FHS.

There are 6 burials in this grave.

Consecrated Section S grave number 125

Burial date:

16 Sep 1905 Arthur LEDGER aged 11 son of Joshua, 80 Milford Street, Carbrook.

I have no idea who this child was but we are looking at a transcription so you would need to check the original burial register available at Sheffield archives.

Then we have 3 children of Willie WALKER of 55 Surbiton Street, all buried on the same day.19 Oct 1918

Albert aged 4

Walter aged 5

Margaret aged 6

They are not triplets as they are different ages. Could this be an accident or simply a childhood disease that took them all.?

13 Jul 1946 Florence aged 64 wife of Willie, 55 Surbiton St.

2 Nov 1946 Willie aged 67, labourer of 51 Greasborough Road.

From FreeBMD.

June 1912 Sheffield reference 9C page 1337 Margaret WALKER mother's maiden name TOSELAND

June 1913 Sheffield reference 9C page 1454 Walter WALKER mother's maiden name TOSELAND

Sept 1914 Sheffield reference 9C page 1349 Albert WALKER mother's maiden name TOSELAND

Angela

Guest kevos53

thanks for previous assistance, i have another look up i need doing ,if anyone can help .annie walker ,birth 1904/5 died i believe in the seventies before death she was residing at greasborough street in tinsley . i,m not sure if she ever married but walker was her birth surname. many thanks

Can anyone help with a couple of graves I have been trying to locate at Tinsley Park?

The first is Victor Henry Spears, who died in 1958, the second is James Henry Sargeant, who

died in 1946, apparently the same year as his wife Edith, who I think is also buried there.

Guest otterspotter

Hello

I'm looking for my great grandfather's burial. Percy Manning (died 1926) and I would like to know if his wife Emma Elizabeth (nee Salmon) was later buried with him when she passed away in the 1940's. Any advice welcome.

Mick

From Sheffieldindexers:

MANNING, Percy

(Timekeeper, age 61).

Died at 163 Tyler Street; Buried on December 23, 1926 in Consecrated ground;

Grave Number 4033, Section JJ of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield.

Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: Officiating Minister, L H Crowther: Removed from Brightside Parish.

Plot Owner: of .

Find Similar in Same Grave
Same Household if Available
Surname Match if Available

MANNING, Reginald

(motorman, age 22).

Died at 2c Tyler St; Buried on May 25, 1922 in Consecrated ground;

Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: Officiating Minister, L H Crowther: Removed from St Margarets Parish.

Burngreave hasn't got as far as the 40's yet.

Guest otterspotter

Thanks very much for this. You found their son Reg too which is of great interest. Presume this means they were in same grave.

Mick

Guest otterspotter

Thanks again for this information. I also found my great aunt Hilda Manning.

Does anyone know if these graves might still be standing - with an informative headstone?

Frederick John the husband of Hilda Manning may well be buried in 3830 and Emma Manning in 4033 with Percy but as both spouses died in the late 1940's they won't show on the online records. What does the term mean 'removed from Brightside Parish' ?

Many thanks

MANNING, Percy
(Timekeeper, age 61).

Died at 163 Tyler Street; Buried on December 23, 1926 in Consecrated ground;

Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: Officiating Minister, L H Crowther: Removed from Brightside Parish.

MANNING, Reginald
(motorman, age 22).

Died at 2c Tyler St; Buried on May 25, 1922 in Consecrated ground;

Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: Officiating Minister, L H Crowther: Removed from St Margarets Parish.

MANNING, Hilda F
(wife of F J, age 29).

Died at 61 Tyler St; Buried on September 26, 1928 in Consecrated ground;

Grave Number 3830, Section JJ of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield.

Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: Officiating Minister, T Hale: Removed from Sheffield Parish.

I too am looking for a grave in Tinsley Park. The details are as follows:

Burial Date : 8th August 1907

Ellen Maria McCarthy

Estimated year of birth: 1860

Place of burial: Park Municipal Cemetery

Sheffield, Tinsley14

I found her husband, Michael, because he died at Aldershot hospital during 1916 having been brought home from the Western Front. He is buried in Tinsley Park, but it was easy to find his grave plot via WGC. I would just like to find the plot for Ellen, his wife.

Any help would be appreciated. Besides her husband being a war hero from WW1, her father was a hero too at the battle of Inkerman in the Crimea with the 82nd Foot Regiment. The favour is especially for my Mum, Ellens great grandaughter. Having said that, its me that is chasing up the family tree. Got back 300 years but no money and no royalty.

Kevin

There are 3 burials in this grave,

Section YA grave 13, non-consecrated.

Mary TURNER aged 55 wife of Aaron of 90 Sanderson St buried 29 march 1891

Ellen Maria McCARTHY aged 47 wife of Michael of 15 Stovin Road.buried 8 Aug 1907

Michael McCARTHY aged 57 labourer of 7 Turin St buried 13 Feb 1916

Does Mary TURNER fit into your family? If not then it could be a transcription error on the plot number.

Angela

Guest bevmurdoch

Hi, Im trying to find my grandads grave im pretty sure its in tinsley cemetery, his name was edmund hope griffin and i think he died in 1946, his wife was called lily griffin (nee nelson) any help/info would be much appreciated. Thanks, Bev

Guest Simon Allison

Been trying to find : I have looked everywhere but cannot find him

Thomas Butler Dec 1922

Born : 1892

How would I go about finding the grave of my great grandfather? His son is buried in Tinsley Park Cemetery and I assume that his father George would be there. He lived in Attercliffe, so he may be in Christchurch cemetery, but it is not longer cared for since the church was demolished after the bombing in WW2

George Stones born 1843 Attercliffe

Married to Eliza Fuller from Wells Next to the Sea, Norfolk in September 1868

Died aged 67 1910 Attercliffe

Where do I begin, or does someone have the answer?

A grateful Kevin

I have used Genes Reunited and found out that many of my relatives are buried at Tinsley Park and Darnall Cemeteries. Is there a source of info I could buy with the reference material? I am after the plot numbers so I can pay them a visit and pay my respects.

William Page

Buried Tinsley Park 1 Dec 1903 aged 51

John Page

Buried Tinsley Park 20 May 1920 aged 38

Frederick Page

Buried Tinsley Park 18 Mar 1922 aged 23

James Stones

Buried Tinsley Park 22 Sep 1851 aged 0

George Stones

Buried Darnall 30 Nov 1881 aged 4

Janet Elliott

Buried Fulwood Christ Church 8 Jan 1900 aged 23