Women In Love (1969)

Have read that that the classroom scenes that feature in the film were actually shot at Newhall School in Sanderson Road - anyone confirm that?

Have read that that the classroom scenes that feature in the film were actually shot at Newhall School in Sanderson Road - anyone confirm that?

Sorry answering my own question - see half way down this

http://www.filminglocationsdetectives.com/films/women_in_love.htm

...and I thought that the only thing the film Women In Love was famous for was Glenda Jackson revealing rather more of herself than enough. B) :o

...and I thought that the only thing the film Women In Love was famous for was Glenda Jackson revealing rather more of herself than enough. B):o

You are right there Dave but don't forget that wrestling scene ... not that would interest me !

You are right there Dave but don't forget that wrestling scene ... not that would interest me !

Strange what we remember from films.

Never realised it was filmed so locally.

Must have been distracted by something else in the film :rolleyes:

As DaveH's favourite, the wonderful Shakespeare once famously didn't say :-

"I wouldn't like to be on the end of it !"

I can confirm that the film was definitely shot inside the classrooms at Newhall School, my school where I went to in the early 50s

I remember the film staff asking some of the local kids to be part of the extra staff required.

From the Imdb list there were locations all over the place. One that is not listed is the scene on the tram that was filmed at Crich Tramway museum in Derbyshire, the tram used being Gateshead no.5.

Nigel L

Guest Whirls62
On 05/08/2011 at 17:21, dunsbyowl1867 said:

Yes that was true as i was thier lived on Don Road at the time.