A Short Autobiography

THYLACINE

It's taken me 3 weeks to muster up the guts to post this.

I wrote it about 33 years ago, partly as a literary excercise and partly to remember the details of a significant time in my life.

If there's the slightest flicker of interest, I'll post the other 2 parts in a day or two.

A Short Autobiography - Part 1 of 4.pdf

A Short Autobiography - Part 2 of 4.pdf

Jolly good Thylacine, a really interesting read!

I'd second that - keep 'em coming! Do you ever wonder would the score have been different if you'd been at the Southampton game? I often wonder that if I have been or not been to a game!

To add - I would be interested in reading the second two parts

Nice one THYLACINE (or should that be, nice 2 of 4 parts THYLACINE, says he eagerly awaiting the remaining 2 parts lol )

Written 33 years ago (1978) and it starts in 1973 so does this "Short Autobiography" only cover a 5 year block of your life?

..and why 3 weeks to brave enough to post? Nothing incriminating / embarassing / too personal / etc. about it, - I think it sums up the times, the 1970's, and points out a few differences between living in Britain and Australia really well.

To add - I would be interested in reading the second two parts

And when you've posted the second two parts, make a start on writing the next thirty chapters and get them posted up on here. You had a great deal more pluck than me, I regard an expedition to Rotherham as being a risky business requiring at least a weeks careful preparation :unsure:

I worked with a guy that had emigrated to Australia, he lasted about a month, I think, before he'd had enough. Mind you I think it was Australia's gain. We kept suggesting he try again somewhere else, such as Mars, but he wouldn't listen.

Keep up the good work !

HD

And when you've posted the second two parts, make a start on writing the next thirty chapters and get them posted up on here. You had a great deal more pluck than me, I regard an expedition to Rotherham as being a risky business requiring at least a weeks careful preparation :unsure:

I worked with a guy that had emigrated to Australia, he lasted about a month, I think, before he'd had enough. Mind you I think it was Australia's gain. We kept suggesting he try again somewhere else, such as Mars, but he wouldn't listen.

Keep up the good work !

HD

So you wanted him to go and work in a Chocolate Factory in Slough in Buckinghamshire / Berkshire lol

What was his name?

Willy Wonka lol

So you wanted him to go and work in a Chocolate Factory in Slough in Buckinghamshire / Berkshire lol

What was his name?

Willy Wonka lol

The Mars we had in mind at the time was the one that would need a trek of about between 55 and 400 million kilometres approximately rather than the 250 kilometres to Slough.

Help ! I've gone metric, where's my medication.

HD

The Mars we had in mind at the time was the one that would need a trek of about between 55 and 400 million kilometres approximately rather than the 250 kilometres to Slough.

HD

Due to the current recession and economic climate.

..and also the fact that even the USA is now skint and has cancelled many of its space programmes

Then the chances of sending a man to Mars in our lifetime have become very small.

Anyway, why do chocolate manufacturers insist on naming chocolate after astronomical objects, -

Mars, Galaxy, Milky Way :unsure:

I bet they never deceide to call a chocolate bar Uranus lol , it would never catch on.

HD

Let's not get our Mars's mixed up

A

A planet approximately 55 to 400 million kilometres away, depending on its position with respect to the Earth.

B

A chocolate confection that helps you work rest and play, made in Slough, approximately 250 kilometres away.

Thank you for all the encouraging replies.

Here are parts 3 and 4

Great stuff THYLACINE.

I don't know why you chose to post this as 4 pdf files rather than as 4 normal posts, - unless you had already written it in pdf format previously.

Seems my earlier comments about the "autobiography" only covering a 5 year span turned out to be right.

I hope you are encouraged to write more after posting these first 4 parts.

Can't wait to read parts 5 and 6.