Small pub

RichardB

Opposite the Kings Head/Garden/Wombat (may have been a pub frequented by the *** community), anyway, across the road was a tiny pub, with a side jennel, what was/is it called please ?

Guest willo

Opposite the Kings Hard/Garden/Wombat, may have been a pub frequented by the *** community, anyway, across the road was a tiny pub, with a side jennel, what was/is it called please ?

hi rich,if thats atypo' & you mean kings head, the pub opposite is/was the station.

Hi not sure if I am getting the pub you want right

but the one frequented by the gay community was the Salutation.

sorry if I have totally missed the point :blink:

Hi not sure if I am getting the pub you want right

but the one frequented by the *** community was the Salutation.

sorry if I have totally missed the point :blink:

Going down the Cliffe, Banners on your right, this *** pub was on your left, pub I want was on the same side as Banners.

No offense, as my Uncle Tom used to say (before the term *** had it's current meaning)

Life is short, and life is *** ... some bloody *** !

Guest willo

as you went towards tinsley from banners [same side] the next pub wudda been the queens head [i think] the 1 after that wudda been the station [almost directly opposite the kings head] this had a ginnel down't side & was small. these 3 pubs were all in spitting distance of the old banners.

Guest gosling

Opposite the Kings Hard/Garden/Wombat, may have been a pub frequented by the *** community, anyway, across the road was a tiny pub, with a side jennel, what was/is it called please ?

I'm sure you mean the Station. My great grandparents were lessees there many, many moons ago. I think it was the only pub on the Common with a jennel