J & R Dodge's Sheffield Straight Razor

RichardB

Is it just me or does this sound like someone making a razor to impersonate a Joseph Rodgers item ?

Straight Razor. You need to take a good look at the pictures before your bid. If you need more information, please send an email. It has a hollow point blade and semi clear amber handles. The top line of the print on the tang is JUSTE JUDICATO, the 2nd line is J & R. DODGES, and the 3rd line is SHEFFIELD RAZOR. Based on marks on the tang it appears the the handles and the blade have been together for quite a while. There is a clever design impressed on the front handle with DIAMOND EDGE. in the center. I'm not a razor guy, but I have an old collector's razors that I'll be auctioning for a while.

Juste Judicato ?

eBay

Only $5

Any thoughts please ?

Robert Dodge, Razor manufacturer, 70 West Street (1841)

Nathaniel Dodge, Razor manufacturer, 70 West Street (1841)

where's J Dodge then ?

where's J Dodge then ?

Joseph Dodge,

Traveller (do we assume America ?), home 196 Brook View (1849)

Merchant and manufacturer, home 196 Brook View (1852)

Joseph & Robert Dodge were saw makers from 1872 to 1884. Interesting seeing as how this has the early flat bottomed London Pattern handle which went out of style about 30 years before.

Source

Is it just me or does this sound like someone making a razor to impersonate a Joseph Rodgers item ?

I take it all back then ...

Picture

Joseph and Robert Dodge.

47 Eyre Lane. (1864)

Bridge Street. (1879)

"The following description and the copy to display date from the exhibition catalog from "The Cutting Edge".

The exhibition took place from July to October 1992 in the Ruskin Gallery in Sheffield / England."

According to this .. www.holzwerken.de/museum/haendler