Pippys

pgmetcalf

PIPPY'S

Me and 2 friends we walking up Cambridge Street and my friend said come let's go in here. So in we went and had a look around. Anyway my friend suddenly sneezed and said oh poo poo. The girl behind said what's up and my friend said his contacts lens had fallen out. Anyway the shop girl gets down on her hands and knees and starts searching. After about 2 minutes my friend burst out laughing and ran out of the shop ... the git he he

Me and 2 friends we walking up Cambridge Street and my friend said come let's go in here. So in we went and had a look around. Anyway my friend suddenly sneezed and said oh poo poo. The girl behind said what's up and my friend said his contacts lens had fallen out. Anyway the shop girl gets down on her hands and knees and starts searching. After about 2 minutes my friend burst out laughing and ran out of the shop ... the git he he

he helol he he

Pippy's i remember it well, never went in the shop as it looked strange.

Very Strange !!! :blink:

It used to smell very strange as well with all the ahem! "incense" smoke in there :rolleyes:

Guest cheekymonkey

It used to smell very strange as well with all the ahem! "incense" smoke in there :rolleyes:

oh yes remember it well used to buy patchuli oil from there! also first time i ever saw a vibrator lol me and friends used to point and snigger.

Guest coffee cup

Remember walking past with my friend, we were always too scared to go in, but used to spend a while looking in the window, we always thought the smell that came from the shop was rather strange.

Guest highcliffe owl

Remember walking past with my friend, we were always too scared to go in, but used to spend a while looking in the window, we always thought the smell that came from the shop was rather strange.

Lots of leather I seem to remember, always walked past it on the way from Redgates up to Chubbys. Happy days.

Lots of leather I seem to remember, always walked past it on the way from Redgates up to Chubbys. Happy days.

yeah me too! happy days indeed

Guest witch74

Loved the smell of pippys! I bought my first goth skirt from there when i was a young un it was purple with the fringes along the bottom!! Whatever happened to the little doll who used to tap his cane on the window?

Guest belfrybum

Does anyone remember that stuff you could buy from there,i think they named it poppers where it was in a small container,you took a sniff and all your blood rushed to your head?

not sure if it was entirely legal.!!

happy days......

Does anyone remember that stuff you could buy from there,i think they named it poppers where it was in a small container,you took a sniff and all your blood rushed to your head?

not sure if it was entirely legal.!!

happy days......

These .. Poppers lol

And this extract makes me laugh ... "It is highly flammable. Be very careful if you are soaking a cigarette in poppers which some people like to do. Lighting it can have your eyebrows off." :blink: lol

Guest megatimbo

Hello folks,first post so here goes :) i live in Rotherham now but was born and brought up in sheff,i remember pippys before goths were invented :) i bought a leather biker jacket from there once around the mid 80`s i believe it was,i suppose its long gone now :)

Regards M

Guest Uppsy_Daisy

I used to buy fruit flavour cigarette roll up paper there. I remember the doll with the cane and the bikers jackets hung up outside. Does anyone remember the second_hand record shop further up the road? Cannot remember the name even though its on the tip of my tongue.

Guest witch74

Does anyone know if a pippys shop still exists? I think they had one in manchester but not sure? Sad as it seems i actually still have a pippys carrier bag. Red and black and containing old copies of kerrang magazine...oh the good old days!!

Guest Mick Stanley

Used to go there in the early 70's when I lived in Rotherham. Used to buy licorice *** papers and josticks from there, usually when I was on my way to some concert or other at the Oval Hall. Happy days.