Ziggy Stardust

RichardB

This day, 1973.

Why?

Was there a Star Man waiting in the sky for him?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/muMcWMKPEWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why?

Was there a Star Man waiting in the sky for him?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/muMcWMKPEWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When I went to Hull University in 1981 there was a night club called "Spiders" run by men who all looked like Mick Ronson but then again most of Hull looked as though it was at least 15 years behind the time.

When I went to Hull University in 1981 there was a night club called "Spiders" run by men who all looked like Mick Ronson but then again most of Hull looked as though it was at least 15 years behind the time.

Hey hang on dunsbyowl,

I went to Hull University a bit before you (1974 -77)

..and it was 25 years behind the times then! lol

Saw the Ziggy Stardust / Aladin Sane concert at the City Hall in 19 something.

It could very well have been this last ziggy stardust concert that you went to then vox.

David Bowie's alter-ego Ziggy Stardust had basically a 2 year span, on 2 albums before reverting to being just David Bowie again, - mainly due ti the decline of Glam-Rock.

His first "Ziggy" album, "The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars" was from 1972 and the other "Aladin Sane" was from 1973.

Richard says this was the last "Ziggy" concert in 1973, - but probably not the last "Bowie" concert.

It could very well have been this last ziggy stardust concert that you went to then vox.

David Bowie's alter-ego Ziggy Stardust had basically a 2 year span, on 2 albums before reverting to being just David Bowie again, - mainly due ti the decline of Glam-Rock.

His first "Ziggy" album, "The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars" was from 1972 and the other "Aladin Sane" was from 1973.

Richard says this was the last "Ziggy" concert in 1973, - but probably not the last "Bowie" concert.

Can't remember the date but it was the one where he did the first half as Ziggy and then resurrected himself as Aladin Sane for the second half, so it was obviously one of the very last.

I've got all the albums up to Diamond Dogs.

After that I became a little disillusioned with him.