Sheffield Renewables and Millhouses Mill need your vote now!

Bayleaf

Voting time has come round again and Sheffield's in with 2 projects so I've revived the topic and pinned it until voting's done.

Just received this email forwarded from someone I know at the CPRE. Sounds like a good cause. Follow the links and you can see what they're involved with, 2 projects in Sheffield to provide hydro-electric power. The first is Jordan Dam, the other is the project mentioned elsewhere on here to install a waterwheel next to Kelham Island.

As you may be aware we have 2 days left to get as many supporters as possible for our application for grant funding from EnergyShare. We need this money because 'State Aid' rules restrict the sources we can use for grant funding towards building Jordan Dam. The competition is getting tight between us and the other top groups, so if you haven't signed up already we really need your support. If you have friends/colleagues or relatives that would be happy to help we would be very grateful. Don't forget, you can support more than one group that's applying for funding.

Update on prgress

We were overtaken an hour ago after a day or so comfortably in fourth place.

10 new supporters could take us back into fourth place.

At least 42 new supporters are needed to get into 3rd place.

50 new supporters should ensure we are in 2nd place, at least for a while.

We need at least 130 new supporters to have a chance at coming 1st.

(you can check out the latest at http://www.energysha...lowers/#listing)

For those that missed previous emails, background info and what do to is reproduced below.

As you probably know, our Jordan Dam project is moving forward rapidly, and we are now looking for grants to help us build the scheme. The online community EnergyShare is offering up to £100,000 for projects like ours. To win these grants, we need to get as many 'supporters' as possible signed up on their website by the end of the month. If you want to help us by signing up, just follow the instructions below.

Why you might want to do this:

• It could win us much of the grant funding which Jordan Dam needs to go ahead
  • It's a great way to tell us you're out there, and willing to help
  • It will publicly show the level of support we have

Why you might not want to:

• You may receive unwanted emails from EnergyShare

How to become a Sheffield Renewables 'supporter' on EnergyShare:

· 1) Go to our EnergyShare profile page here: http://www.energysha...eld-renewables/ and click "Support this group" on the right hand side of the page.

· 2) Click the "Sign Up" button, choose a user name, enter your email address and fill out the other questions with the red asterisks beside them. When this is complete, click "Sign Up" and the site will send you an email.

· 3)Open this email, and click the link in to automatically complete your registration and register your support for us.

We think this is a great way to show the level of support we have - please take a few moments to support our page!

Thank-you in advance from Sheffield Renewables.

--

Cariad Thomas-Cooke

Project Officer

Sheffield Renewables

www.SheffieldRenewables.org.uk

Registered in England and Wales.

Registration Number: IP030736

Telephone: (0114) 250 8367

Email: cariad@sheffieldrenewables.org.uk

I am normally in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

I joined to show my support for Sheffield-based projects.

Currently at No. 3; project number 1 is right outside where I work at Hexham.

Give it a read and, if you wish, sign up to show your support.

Currently number 2 !

If you feel inclined, pass the message around, Hexham's a small place, so is Old Basing (presumably) - Sheffield's a great big place ... if it involves doing something worthwhile at Kelham, I'm all for it.

Still at number two on the list, 31 votes short of the leading project, Hexham Hydro.

Hopefully the 31 votes (and more) can be found.

Number three is closing in; SheffieldRenewables is making little impact on Hexham ...within 28 votes - if you are interested, please pass on the details to family/friends like Hexham did with employees of the Company I work for - at Hexham. Here's hoping the international members can boost the vote overnight.

4pm update from Sheffield Renewables :

Almost there....

Apologies to the supporter that asked not to recieve any more emails, I don't know how to message all supporters other than you and we've had lots of new people sign up.

There was an amazing effort made over the last few days which has been brilliant, especially getting us the slot on Radio Sheffield. We look set to be in a comfortable second place *fingers crossed* without any extra effort.

Our main competition for the top spot has been established for alot longer than us and has been gaining ground throughout the day. We appreciate that alot of our supporters are probably exhausted after yesterday and today's difficulties with our website haven't helped but if anyone some spare energy or new people can think of friends, relatives and/or collegues that might be interested, with 8hours left, now's the time to get them involved.

You can follow our progress at http://www.energyshare.com/groups/followers/#listing.

We'll leave it at that until it's all over to avoid upsetting people with unwanted emails but do check us out on Facebook and Twitter if you want more contact in the mean time.

Thank-you all for all of your hard work and any last efforts you are able to make, we didn't dream we could get so much interest!

Second from 936 - not a bad result, I can confirm how much effort went into the Hexham project; I do work at Hexham in a building shown on the video ... for a renewable energy company ...

Number three is closing in; SheffieldRenewables is making little impact on Hexham ...within 28 votes - if you are interested, please pass on the details to family/friends like Hexham did with employees of the Company I work for - at Hexham. Here's hoping the international members can boost the vote overnight.

Think I just snuk in before midnight. Also sent the link to other Sheffield expats in NSW. Think we ended up second according to the email I received.

Voting's opened again on projects, the Sheffield Renewables one is in again and running second.

There are 3 groups to vote in. One project from the large and medium groups will get the money, but there's a third group for small projects, and thetop two in the voting will get funding. In this group is the project for restoring Millhouses Mill, and at present it's second, so if it hangs on it should be successful.

Info on this project is here.

If you'd like to vote for either or both, you can do so here.

You have to register or be registered to vote, but it's quick and simple.

Password reset requested. Then I'll vote.

Voting's opened again on projects, the Sheffield Renewables one is in again and running second.

There are 3 groups to vote in. One project from the large and medium groups will get the money, but there's a third group for small projects, and thetop two in the voting will get funding. In this group is the project for restoring Millhouses Mill, and at present it's second, so if it hangs on it should be successful.

Not heard mention of it at work (yet) but they must be well organised. I'll vote Sheffield ...

I hope you vote for the Sheffield projects and not the Hexham one :)

Voting on this closes tomorrow, so, if you wish to show your support for either or both projects now is a good time.