Lewis Leathers

Guest dpotts

Guest dpotts

Does anyone remember Lewis Leathers on the bottom of the moor? If I remember rightly they were next door to Thorntons.

Dave

Does anyone remember Lewis Leathers on the bottom of the moor? If I remember rightly they were next door to Thorntons.

Dave

What kinda year we talking here Dave ?

Welcome to here BTW... :rolleyes:

Guest dpotts

What kinda year we talking here Dave ?

Welcome to here BTW... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome. Im talking early to mid 70's. There also used to be a music store sold guitars etc, on the same little strip of shops.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the site !

Hope you enjoy it - and keep your questions coming (we love questions on here - tougher the better !)

Thanks for the welcome. Im talking early to mid 70's. There also used to be a music store sold guitars etc, on the same little strip of shops.

Dave

In the 70's it ws in the same block as Virgin, Thorntons and Hudsons Music. Before that, It was over the road, with Thorntons again and a party/fancy dress shop.

Guest cheekymonkey

I remember lewis leathers bought my first ever biker jacket from there was quality too and yes in thew place you said memories come flooding back.

Indeed I remember this, more interested in Virgin Records at the time, remember the music shop as well :rolleyes:

Guest dpotts

Indeed I remember this, more interested in Virgin Records at the time, remember the music shop as well :rolleyes:

Did they relocate or just go out of business?

Dave

Guest cheekymonkey

Lewis Leathers are sill on the go (see web site).

Apart from London, I don't think they have any direct shops.

Used to look in the window as lots of speedway riders in the early 70's wore Lewis Leathers & Bell Helmets

omg just had a flash back lol stars and striped painted speedway bike in the shop?

hey Neal, i've still got mine!!! its black one and in quite good nick, it's a bit small for me now though (obviously).. dont know why, but i never chucked it out. i never had it off my back for about 2 years.. never had a bike though, just a season ticket in the ***!!! i used to stick newky brown beerbottle labels on it when i was drunk too he he !! happy days

If anybody has any old Lewis Leathers gear ['60s stuff etc] there are dealers out there who pay money for them. Ive seen ads in the classic bike mags also on e-bay. Old Levi jackets as well, the ones with the orange stitching. I threw an old Levi jacket away a few years ago, it even had oil stains on it from Brighton beach when the Torrey Canyon, the worlds first oil tanker disaster happened. A big oil slick engulfed the south coast.