Crucible ,World Snooker.

Guest transit

Surely one of the most world-wide , well known, film locations ever - in this city- in the history of Sheffield ,is the Crucible Theatres hosting of the Snooker World Championships (which started today). This year it is celebrating its 30"th anniversary being here - and i for one being a megasnooker fan - hope it stops here for years to come ,not only for the snooker, but more importantly ,for the income, and exposure it generates for the city, and locations ect which expats- and a world-wide audience ect -will see of the city, in the coming 17 days .For example, todays opening programme showed presenter Hazel Irvine emerging from the Midland Station and walking alongside the new water features which i have"nt seen myself ( because of THAT 1M + stainless-steel foreign wall obscuring the view of anybody in car or bus!) and many more locations will be seen, as snooker stars are "profiled" over the coming 2/12 weeks. If you have any memories or stories to share from the last 30 years connected with this event , please put in SHEFFIELD SPORT (World Snooker Championships) on this site.Thanks.