202, 204, 206, 208 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield

Guest soooz1

Guest soooz1

Hello, after recently finding the username "KEETON" through here (thank you a million times by the way) i have been sent a copy of a Will that leaves the houses in the title of this post to my Great Grandma Ethel Keeton.

Well ... she didn't get them. We dont think. As she lived a very poor life and if she had inherited these houses then she would have moved into one or sold them and no longer needed to roam the streets knocking door to door selling rags.

Does anyone on here know where i can get information on sales of houses in and around 1946? I would like to find the name of the seller to see if my theory is correct. Unfortunately the land registry office information i find doesn't seem to go back nearly as far as the date i am looking around. Should i be looking somewhere else? Or is the information gone and lost forever?

Charles Keeton, Engineer of Keeton, Sons & Co. Ltd, lived at 212 Ecclesall Road in 1925 ...

and Paul Keeton too, another engineer - same year, address and Company.

Guest soooz1

and Paul Keeton too, another engineer.

Well i have a feeling Charles Keeton sold 202, 204, 206, 208 in 1946 which were owned by Paul Keeton who died in 1946 and supposedly left them to Ethel his daughter :angry:

Is there any information on these houses after or on 1946

Guest soooz1

Just need to know if he sold them from under Ethel's nose. If he did then he's a right cheeky so and so lol

and Paul Keeton too, another engineer.

and Robert E Keeton, Engineer - first of 382 Ecclesall Road, Keeton & Skinner Ltd., 1919

then Robert E Keeton, Engineer, Keeton, Sons & Co. Ltd, home William Street (Kelly's 1925)

Is there any information on these houses after or on 1946

I don't do much after 1900 ... maybe it will nudge someone else along ...

Guest soooz1

I don't do much after 1900 ... maybe it will nudge someone else along ...

I should probably go down to the sheffield archives but i've just read on the website that its closed until September for a makeover! It does say the stuff is now at the central library but sounds a bit iffy on how much is available to access due to it being temporarily there. I completely chose the wrong time to start searching through my history didnt i? haha :rolleyes:

Guest soooz1

I should probably go down to the sheffield archives but i've just read on the website that its closed until September for a makeover! It does say the stuff is now at the central library but sounds a bit iffy on how much is available to access due to it being temporarily there. I completely chose the wrong time to start searching through my history didnt i? haha :rolleyes:

Been down to the archives today. They lived in 212 ecclesall road at some point too along with one on colliegate crescent! By the looks of it the owned the houses and rented them out and then lived in one when it became unoccupied! Madness!

Been down to the archives today. They lived in 212 ecclesall road at some point too along with one on colliegate crescent! By the looks of it the owned the houses and rented them out and then lived in one when it became unoccupied! Madness!

Paul Keeton, Manager, 45 Collegiate Crescent (White's 1911)

Charles Keeton, no occupation listed, 191 Rustlings Road (White's 191) - just for information.

Can't place Rustlings Road ...

and who might Albert Keeton be ? Cutlery Manager, 130 Crookes Moor Road (Kelly's 1893)

Guest soooz1

and who might Albert Keeton be ? Cutlery Manager, 130 Crookes Moor Road (Kelly's 1893)

not sure about who albert keeton.is although i know i havent found everyone yet. There were two different Keeton families though so its difficult to not mix them up.