Tinsley Working Men's Club Chrildrens Outing

RichardB

Fantastic footage. Despite what the commentary states I think the highlight is all the coaches and the trams (well I would say that, wouldn't I lol). I wish the steam lorry had been moving rather than parked just out of shot for most of the film, though.

Fantastic footage. Despite what the commentary states I think the highlight is all the coaches and the trams (well I would say that, wouldn't I lol). I wish the steam lorry had been moving rather than parked just out of shot for most of the film, though.

To be honest I saw the start, dozed off and woke up to them parking up - it all seemed to be vehicles to me, did they have a good time wherever they went ?

To be honest I saw the start, dozed off and woke up to them parking up - it all seemed to be vehicles to me, did they have a good time wherever they went ?

What :o. You don't get excited by film of far too many very old coaches and a couple of trams. How strange lol.

Actually, I suppose it does go on a bit for those not thrilled by transportation subjects. I quite like the bit where the white dog nearly comes to grief at about 2:40.

One shocking thing in the film is that there are some people not wearing hats :o. I thought that hats were compulsory before the 1960s.

Guest Unitedite

What :o. You don't get excited by film of far too many very old coaches and a couple of trams. How strange lol.

Actually, I suppose it does go on a bit for those not thrilled by transportation subjects. I quite like the bit where the white dog nearly comes to grief at about 2:40.

One shocking thing in the film is that there are some people not wearing hats :o. I thought that hats were compulsory before the 1960s.

From the way everyone is dressed up with overcoats and jackets and the like, it seems that it must have been a cold day out, especially as the charras probably didn't have any fan heaters.

There is that group shot of those blokes just prior to setting off.

One of them is wearing a jacket, an over coat and one of those oversized flat caps. My Grand Dad, god rest his soul, used to dress just like that right up to the 1970's when he passed away. :rolleyes: