How about this little beauty

RichardB

Well it's just a meat and tater pie, but its a fine example, note the strategically placed bottle of Hendersons :rolleyes:

A rare action shot, cooked by a Geordie ...

Well it's just a meat and tater pie, but its a fine example, note the strategically placed bottle of Hendersons :rolleyes:

That's looks well grand. I will think of that when I eat my cheese sandwich at lunchtime. My favourite dish, and my dads. Though his dad favoured a plate of mince he used to call "Ash".

Does she take orders?

Does she take orders?

I don't know, she's a shade over five foot tall and we've been married 9 years, I've never plucked up the courage to give her an order .....

hang on, see what you mean ... :rolleyes:

Guest tsavo

I don't know, she's a shade over five foot tall and we've been married 9 years, I've never plucked up the courage to give her an order .....

:rolleyes:

....and I thought the 500 club was the number of times you'd been bannished to the shed! lol

Nice pie, I hope you are using proper cutlery on it ;)

Oh I remember hash... like a watery stew, always served with lots of bread to mop up the watery gravy.

Guest plain talker

richard...

Oi you! you're barred! (lol) there's no such thing as "just" meyt n tater pie! :lol:

note the strategically placed bottle of Hendersons ....

Hendos has become a regular thing in my mams house in Durham.

She came down here to visit us a year or two back and I had made hash for dinner. Obviously, if your having corned beef hash and yorkshire puddings you have to have a bottle of the runny black stuff and this was the first time she had had it.

The week after she's on the blower ranting on about the fact, she's tried every shop in County Durham and can't buy Hendos anywhere.

So that weekend when I was doing the shopping I bought a bottle and a week or two after another and so on and so on until I realized that there was five bottles in the cupboard for her.

When we next went up I took her them and she was over the moon, but mam being mam, she was putting it in everything. She doesn't know when to stop, bless her.

I keep getting her the odd one now and again but to save the rest of the family from over dosing on it I only take her two at a time now.

In return she brings me a few things that you can't buy down here. At Christmas I always get a few cans of LCL larger.....oooohhh loopy juice...and last time she was here I asked her to fetch so proper Pease Pudding.theres nowt finer than a ham and pease pudding sarnie.

The other regular thing I get is Black Bullets. I can't ever say I've seen them in Sheffield but in Durham my Gran used to get them for me all the time and even when I was older insisted on hitting them in the palm of her hand with the handle of the poker to break them up in case I choked. So my Mam brings me the odd tin now and again but the daft thing is, on the side of the tin, is the address of the makers which is in Sheffield!!

Fine looking pie that.

My nan made a meat and potato pie every wednesday.....lovely with hendo's.

She used to say that during the war there was so little meat that when they had the meat and potato pie you would shout 'WHIP' every time you found a chunk of beef on your fork.

Why whip though?

A three-trivet meyt 'un tater pie (sounds like an Olympic evert !) worthy of the late Great fictional Mrs Miggins, but cooked by the tiny wifelette and in this photo being attacked by my Mother.

Guest italy

Hendos has become a regular thing in my mams house in Durham.

She came down here to visit us a year or two back and I had made hash for dinner. Obviously, if your having corned beef hash and yorkshire puddings you have to have a bottle of the runny black stuff and this was the first time she had had it.

The week after she's on the blower ranting on about the fact, she's tried every shop in County Durham and can't buy Hendos anywhere.

So that weekend when I was doing the shopping I bought a bottle and a week or two after another and so on and so on until I realized that there was five bottles in the cupboard for her.

When we next went up I took her them and she was over the moon, but mam being mam, she was putting it in everything. She doesn't know when to stop, bless her.

I keep getting her the odd one now and again but to save the rest of the family from over dosing on it I only take her two at a time now.

In return she brings me a few things that you can't buy down here. At Christmas I always get a few cans of LCL larger.....oooohhh loopy juice...and last time she was here I asked her to fetch so proper Pease Pudding.theres nowt finer than a ham and pease pudding sarnie.

The other regular thing I get is Black Bullets. I can't ever say I've seen them in Sheffield but in Durham my Gran used to get them for me all the time and even when I was older insisted on hitting them in the palm of her hand with the handle of the poker to break them up in case I choked. So my Mam brings me the odd tin now and again but the daft thing is, on the side of the tin, is the address of the makers which is in Sheffield!!

Your mum could buy Hendo's on the net, we did.

A three-trivet meyt 'un tater pie (sounds like an Olympic evert !) worthy of the late Great fictional Mrs Miggins, but cooked by the tiny wifelette and in this photo being attacked by my Mother.

That looks very tasty.

Just one question though, what did your Mother and Tiny Wifette have to eat while you demolished the pie ?

I hope your wife has been on a safe handling course to remove that from the oven. In one of my former lives as a H & S advisor I would have insisted on the use of mechanical handling equipment. lol

HD