WELCOME TO SHEFFIELD HISTORY

Sheffield History

Hello and a very warm welcome to Sheffield History.

Before I continue let me first say that this site is free to use, will always be free to use and you will never be charged a penny to use it - either now or in the future - I feel it's important that websites don't charge visitors and so sheffieldhistory will always cost you absolutely nothing.

Everyone has memories - and they are even better when they are shared !

This site was born on February 11th 2007 - after we found ourselves remembering more and more of the things that used to stick out in our minds about Sheffield that just weren't around anymore.

We spent time looking them up on the internet and feel that there should be more Sheffield history and memories out there on the net.

Sheffield's city, culture and people are fascinating and the history of the city has moulded all that.

Here on the site we celebrate everything about our great city and it's history, along with the people that made it what it is.

"Whatever happened to....."

In the various sections you will find everything from old nightclubs and pubs, people, celebrities, music, the football, and of course your chance to look up all the people you may have not been in touch with for years and years !

Most of my memories are from the 70's and 80's but we need people of all ages to get posting their memories

The site is fun, friendly and completely free of charge to use and all we ask is that you contribute your memories or help us out with our research by posting information that you might know in one of the threads !

*NOTE - AS A GUEST YOU CAN READ THE SITE BUT WILL NEED TO REGISTER AN ACCOUNT TO POST OR SEE THE PICTURES THAT ARE POSTED ON THE SITE (it's free and takes 30 seconds !)

• Like 1