Bus 1913

Waterside Echo

Guest transit

Year and location anyone ?

....heres my stab at it ....

the bus was new in 1983 (A)

The road is York St in Sheff city Centre , where the old Star newspaper offices were.

The road is one-way .

...... i think this pic could have been taken around the early 90's , when various buses were diverted - the wrong way - down York Street while the installation of the Supertram tracks were being installed on High Street ?????

my one doubt is that by then the bus would prob be painted in SYT livery , so the only other option is prob diversion due to major accident , or water burst ect , causing High St to be temporary blocked around mid 80's ????

....heres my stab at it ....

the bus was new in 1983 (A)

The road is York St in Sheff city Centre , where the old Star newspaper offices were.

The road is one-way .

...... i think this pic could have been taken around the early 90's , when various buses were diverted - the wrong way - down York Street while the installation of the Supertram tracks were being installed on High Street ?????

my one doubt is that by then the bus would prob be painted in SYT livery , so the only other option is prob diversion due to major accident , or water burst ect , causing High St to be temporary blocked around mid 80's ????

Thanks "transit" I thought I would be able to rely on you. My newspaper cutting with the headline " York Street saves the day ! " has no date but "Supertram" was not involved. Church St had been sealed off due to a fire at the Gladstone Buildings, so that should give us a clue to the year. W/E.

Thanks "transit" I thought I would be able to rely on you. My newspaper cutting with the headline " York Street saves the day ! " has no date but "Supertram" was not involved. Church St had been sealed off due to a fire at the Gladstone Buildings, so that should give us a clue to the year. W/E.

http://www.oldheeley.org/oldheeleyspecials5.htm

1984 The Gladstone Buildings in Church Street were badly damaged by fire whilst being renovated.

http://www.oldheeley.org/oldheeleyspecials5.htm

1984 The Gladstone Buildings in Church Street were badly damaged by fire whilst being renovated.

Thanks 'syrup', by jove there is a lot of useful info on that site. W/E.