Was this

dunsbyowl1867

Hello, this is Noel and Tessa's grandson - I'm genuinely moved to read your tributes to their shop.

Noel Fusco sadly passed away last Wednesday at Victoria Hospital, Kircaldy - he was aged 86. He left this world peacefully and fought to the very end, but alas, despite being mentally alert as ever, his lungs and kidneys surrended.

He will be buried in Edinburgh next week, an announcement will be published in The Star shortly after.

He took his recipe for Batter with him - we were all very lucky to sample his delicious Fish and Chips.

God bless you all for your custom and support x

Not a place I knew or frequented, but, from reading here a fine establishment to visit.

Respect.

R.I.P. Noel

On behalf of SheffieldHistory

Hello, this is Noel and Tessa's grandson - I'm genuinely moved to read your tributes to their shop.

Noel Fusco sadly passed away last Wednesday at Victoria Hospital, Kircaldy - he was aged 86. He left this world peacefully and fought to the very end, but alas, despite being mentally alert as ever, his lungs and kidneys surrended.

He will be buried in Edinburgh next week, an announcement will be published in The Star shortly after.

He took his recipe for Batter with him - we were all very lucky to sample his delicious Fish and Chips.

Oh that's sad news - I'll have to tell me Dad and Auntie. Are the Fuscos of Whitby related to Mr Fusco?

Guest marineboy

Oh that's sad news - I'll have to tell me Dad and Auntie. Are the Fuscos of Whitby related to Mr Fusco?

I don't think so, many came over from Barga in Italy, settling in Scotland and Ireland - then later moving to Yorkshire. You never know, they could be distant relatives ;)

Very sad to the news. As I have said earlier in this thread spent many an hour "Hanging around" outside and munching on some of the best fish and chips ever.

Guest jonceebee

Returning to Queeenie's Fish N Chip Shop, my mother who lived on Bellhouse Road always insisted to only eat their's, and when I called to see her on Friday's I would spend almost an hour in a queue, but the end result was worth the wait. It's ten years since she passed on and I have no reason to visit Shiregreen, but fond memories of the area sometimes take me past these old haunts and I often wonder what it would be like living around there these days