Looking For Twigg, Elliott, Ellis

Guest katier

Guest katier

Hi

Got the family tree bug really bad - my Dad was born and brought up in Sheffield and his family were all from there. I am particularly interested in Joseph Twigg (b1800) , George Elliott (b1841) and George Ellis (b1850). Any info on decscendants or ancestors much appreciated.

Hi

Got the family tree bug really bad - my Dad was born and brought up in Sheffield and his family were all from there. I am particularly interested in Joseph Twigg (b1800) , George Elliott (b1841) and George Ellis (b1850). Any info on decscendants or ancestors much appreciated.

According the Baptisms Index for the the Church of St Peter, Sheffield, (Cathedral), there were no Joseph Twigg's baptised in Sheffield, 1796 - 1806, but per FamilySearch.org there were at least 6 that were born in locales around Sheffield, like Rotherham and Ecclesfield.

Per FreeBMD the results for George Elliott and George Ellis are as follows:

Births Jun 1841

Elliott George Sheffield 22 199

ELLIOTT George Sheffield 22 599

=====================================

Births Dec 1850

Ellis George Sheffield 22 684

Births Jun 1851

ELLIS George Henry Sheffield 22 661

It would help if you already knew who the parents of Elliott and Ellis were... and the same for Twigg. For Ellis and Elliott it would be a matter of purchasing all four birth registration certificates, and then hopefully being able to descide which pair among them is the correct ones, based, of course, on any info you already know or more correctly, are certain of. For Twigg it's a matter of choosing from the 6 or so based on what you may know about his parents.

Mike

Guest smary

Hi

Guest smary

I have a Charles William Elliott bn 1831 marrying Sarah Twigg born 1832 marrying 26 December 1852 - St Georges, Sheffield- could these be part of your family tree?

Hi

If you are looking in Ancestry (1851), try Geoe Ellis (aged 5 months). Brown Street, if that helps any.

Hi

Its hard isn't it :):)

My moms mom was an eliot from burton on trent & i have just recently found a lady also doing her tree with my gran on it.

Do you know any more about your elliot?

cheers shawn hodkin