Are The Inmates Running The Asylum ?

hilldweller

What is happening to our once proud nation ?

I was always under the impression that the Executive (i.e. Parliament) made the rules. Then the police force were responsible for enforcing the rules and the Judiciary were charged with applying sanctions to those of us who disobeyed the rules.

Now we have Senior Judges making the rules up as they go along and even having the temerity to question the right of M.P.'s to have Parliamentary Privilege to say what they want in the House, a right that has been theirs for almost two hundred years.

Couple this with the antics of Senior Police Officers who now apparently decide which bits of the legislation will apply on their patch and it makes you wonder why we need a government at all.

Why this need to keep "pushing the boundaries" in all walks of life. Society is becoming increasingly brutalised and dear old Lord Reith must be spinning in his grave at the antics of the B.B.C. nowadays.

I have always understood that the Police and the Judiciary were "Civil Servants" i.e. there to serve us and not to rule us, that should be the job of an elected Parliament.

Should I climb back into my dinosaur past or is there anyone else that agrees with me ?

HD

What is happening to our once proud nation ?

I was always under the impression that the Executive (i.e. Parliament) made the rules. Then the police force were responsible for enforcing the rules and the Judiciary were charged with applying sanctions to those of us who disobeyed the rules.

Now we have Senior Judges making the rules up as they go along and even having the temerity to question the right of M.P.'s to have Parliamentary Privilege to say what they want in the House, a right that has been theirs for almost two hundred years.

Couple this with the antics of Senior Police Officers who now apparently decide which bits of the legislation will apply on their patch and it makes you wonder why we need a government at all.

Why this need to keep "pushing the boundaries" in all walks of life. Society is becoming increasingly brutalised and dear old Lord Reith must be spinning in his grave at the antics of the B.B.C. nowadays.

I have always understood that the Police and the Judiciary were "Civil Servants" i.e. there to serve us and not to rule us, that should be the job of an elected Parliament.

Should I climb back into my dinosaur past or is there anyone else that agrees with me ?

HD

If we don't agree with you hilldweller, and don't like what you are saying, can we take out a super injunction against you to stop you even mentioning it or raising the issue?

That seems to be another topical thing that is happening which allows people to twist the Law to make it satisfy their own needs only.

It's worrying that the Association of Chief Police Officers is now a private company. this website may be biased, but there are worrying facts in there.

If we don't agree with you hilldweller, and don't like what you are saying, can we take out a super injunction against you to stop you even mentioning it or raising the issue?

That seems to be another topical thing that is happening which allows people to twist the Law to make it satisfy their own needs only.

Not all people DaveH, just people who are wealthy enough to be able to pay for the extremely expensive legal teams and court proceedings.

HD

Not all people DaveH, just people who are wealthy enough to be able to pay for the extremely expensive legal teams and court proceedings.

HD

True,

To use ANY part of the legal profession is extremely expensive.

A solicitor won't even sign his name on a piece of paper for less than £100 these days (for example in housebuying)

Now I can write my name on a piece of paper in about 10 seconds.

If it was to sign my name on 5 bits of paper in a minute that would be £500

Keep it up for a full hour (assuming I can attract enough legal business to enable me to do so at these prices) and that would make me £30,000.

£30,000 per HOUR, and that's the sort of money most people would earn in a YEAR.

Other than legal people and Politicians(who make their own laws up), bankers (who reward banking incompetance with big bonuses paid out of borrowed public money)and footballers (who kick a ball about for a couple of hours a week like a set of kids) I can't think of anyone else who earns that sort of money.

..and I can't think of any job which would MERIT that sort of money.