Wigmore Buses.

Guest synthman

Guest synthman

Does anyone remember, 'Wigmore buses', based in Dinnington, yes, I'm a country bumkin coming from Dinno myself I know. any memories?.

Guest transit

Does anyone remember, 'Wigmore buses', based in Dinnington, yes, I'm a country bumkin coming from Dinno myself I know. any memories?.

....heres a pic and reminder of the livery ! ;-) ....

http://bit.ly/lp0bnr

Guest synthman

....heres a pic and reminder of the livery ! ;-) ....

http://bit.ly/lp0bnr

Hi transit. Thank you so much for propducing the photo. It's really made my day. wonderful. I'm not 100% sure, but, it looks like my mum and dad and my younger sister sat on the bus. I'm just so grateful. I'd love a copy, Do you own the copyright?. Once again. Thank you. take care. Synthman.

Guest transit

Hi transit. Thank you so much for propducing the photo. It's really made my day. wonderful. I'm not 100% sure, but, it looks like my mum and dad and my younger sister sat on the bus. I'm just so grateful. I'd love a copy, Do you own the copyright?. Once again. Thank you. take care. Synthman.

Hi Synthman

The pic is not mine , but found it on the Flickr site ! You can contact the owner of the pic (Boxley , top right beside pic) I am sure he could sort a copy for you if you give him your details ect. ;-)

Here's a slightly older Wigmore's bus, Bedford YNT/Duple UKW608Y, seen in August 1985 with a Volvo Ailsa behind. Those were the days :). I remember seeing Wigmore's buses on platform A of the Central Bus Station whilst waiting for my bus on platfrom B, and loving the afternoon peak when there would be two or three lined up. Their Duple bodied Bedfords always looked odd to me, being so unlike the SYPTE/SYT buses in the eighties.

Guest transit

....and even earlier , heres CWA 439T on display at Herringthorpe Playing Fields back in 1980 !

Wiggys certainly took a liking to the Duple Dominant buses didnt they !!???..........

Good stuff, transit. I like the rear view, as it shows the company name in such a traditional style.

They did indeed like the Duple bus body - I reckon they had at least half a dozen in the latter years of their existence as Wigmores. Before that it was almost always Willowbrook bodied Bedfords they bought new, although one rather odd vehicle was the Seddon Pennine IV, of which I have no recollection. Another shot of the Seddon here, both having been taken when the bus was rotting away in Wales.

(I never got into the habit of photographing the back ends of buses: perhaps it is because I already look like one :o).

Guest transit

Found this super shot on Flickr of Bedford VAL14 NWR788D as it was when Wigmores owned it:

http://www.flickr.co...ham/5270640237/

This bus still exists, but as a car transporter :o

...great find MA ! - cant remember the bus , but vaguely remember the Bedford VAL's, which were mostly fitted with coach bodies .

How strange do they look now with four front turning wheels !???

Guest synthman

...great find MA ! - cant remember the bus , but vaguely remember the Bedford VAL's, which were mostly fitted with coach bodies .

How strange do they look now with four front turning wheels !???

A big thank you to everyone, Who replyd and posted pictures of the buses. I only joined a few days ago. So glad I found this site. All the best, Synthman.

Guest transit

A big thank you to everyone, Who replyd and posted pictures of the buses. I only joined a few days ago. So glad I found this site. All the best, Synthman.

....welcome aboard Synthman , glad to be of assistance !!! B)

Guest synthman

....welcome aboard Synthman , glad to be of assistance !!! B)

Cheers Transit.. How I miss the old buses. They had more style. The Drivers and clppies were. 'mostly friendly' and new your name.and smiled, Unlike today. try riding on a 19 Worksop to Rotherham.

Guest transit

Cheers Transit.. How I miss the old buses. They had more style. The Drivers and clppies were. 'mostly friendly' and new your name.and smiled, Unlike today. try riding on a 19 Worksop to Rotherham.

....you may find this place of interest ! - regular open days and rides on "old" local buses !!! <_< .....

http://www.sytm.co.uk/

...and the superb joint rally / museum at Meadowhall , this year on Sept 18th .

http://www.sytm.co.uk/html/rally.html

Guest hollyberries

hello as anybody got a photo of wigmores leyland lion 1937 back end loader?

I have a book full of wigmore bus photos and i will upload them in the next week or so when i have the time.

Thanks to everyone who has conrtributed photos so far, they're great!

hello as anybody got a photo of wigmores leyland lion 1937 back end loader?

I have a book full of wigmore bus photos and i will upload them in the next week or so when i have the time.

Thanks to everyone who has conrtributed photos so far, they're great!

Welcome to Sheffield History, hollyberries.

I suspect that a picture of the 1937 Leyland Lion might be beyond us, but I am hoping to be surprised by our resourceful members. I can't wait to see your Wigmores photographs, as I so sorely neglected them in my younger days.The photo I posted earlier in the thread is the only one I ever took .