Good Place For Books

Stuart0742

I called in the Oxfam book shop on Glossop Rd today, as well as the usual charity shop stuff, they seem to have a good selection of locally published books (New).

Worth considering, rather than the usual Waterstones and WH Smiths.

Plus also whilst there you are only just around the corner from "Rare & Racy"

Been to both on rare visits, Rare and Racey have some "rare" but expensive stuff ... including some high-inch-to-the-mile maps but at £20 a go too rich for my blood ...

I've been meaning to go for ages, there's one in York which sells some really good local books. Sometimes a little overpriced though

If your in Crystal Peaks check out the discount shop near the coffee and computer games shops, where the lifts near the hole. Last week they had some reduced price Sheffield History books in.

If your in Crystal Peaks check out the discount shop near the coffee and computer games shops, where the lifts near the hole. Last week they had some reduced price Sheffield History books in.

I think the discount bookshop you are describing here History Dude is "The Works"

If so they also have branches in the City Centre (about half way down The Moor on the side which is still fully intact and inaffected by demolition for the new market development) and also in Meadowhall (don't ask me how to get to it, it's all a maze to me and I hate the place!)

All the branches seem to have exactly the same stock, offers and prices, so if Crystal peaks have these books than it is likely that the Moor store and Meadowhall will have exactly the same books at the same price and may be a bit more convenient to get to for some members.

Yes Dave

Noticed a couple of good buys in the works in Meadowhall on Saturday - ground floor through Next before the statues of the steelworkers and turn left at the steelworkers if you have entered past Argos!!

I think the discount bookshop you are describing here History Dude is "The Works"

If so they also have branches in the City Centre (about half way down The Moor on the side which is still fully intact and inaffected by demolition for the new market development) and also in Meadowhall (don't ask me how to get to it, it's all a maze to me and I hate the place!)

All the branches seem to have exactly the same stock, offers and prices, so if Crystal peaks have these books than it is likely that the Moor store and Meadowhall will have exactly the same books at the same price and may be a bit more convenient to get to for some members.

There a bookshop at castleton that sells rare but again expensive books and last time I went it had a good collection of local history stuff.

There a bookshop at castleton that sells rare but again expensive books and last time I went it had a good collection of local history stuff.

I've picked up a couple of out-of-print local books in Castleton in the past. Always worth a browse if you've the time, (and especially if it's raining!)

Yes Dave

Noticed a couple of good buys in the works in Meadowhall on Saturday - ground floor through Next before the statues of the steelworkers and turn left at the steelworkers if you have entered past Argos!!

It's still all a maze to me and I really don't enjoy going there.

For the Works I think I'll stick with the Crystal Peaks and Moor branches, although I have used the Meadowhell one when I have been there for other things.

A long way fro "home"

Barter Books, Alnwick - huge !

Keel Row Books - North Shields - had a copy f History of Cutlers Company - when I was broke ...

Thanks to History dude and DaveH.

I had a look in "The Works" book shop on the Moor yeserday

and came home with these three books, not bad for £3.99 each.

The aspects of sheffield book has been on ebay for about £12 so quite the bargain!

Looks like you got "the works" from "The Works" then Steve! ;-)

I've picked up a couple of out-of-print local books in Castleton in the past. Always worth a browse if you've the time, (and especially if it's raining!)

Appears to now have gone :(