Rosabell Elizabeth Ellen Crooks Fletcher

Guest ldsgenemom

Guest ldsgenemom

Hi,

I'm looking for information on my great great grandmother. My personal information states that she was born 4 June 1844 in Doverfield, Derbyshire, England. She is listed in my records as Rosabell Elizabeth Ellen Fletcher. Her marriage certificate has her name as Elizabeth Crooks Fletcher and she married William Hardcastle in 1862 at Christ Church in Pitsmoor, Yorkshire,England. They came to America (Pennsylvania) before 1868 because she had a child born in 1868 and they are listed in the Census Record of 1870.

If anyone has information on her or her parents, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking for information on my great great grandmother. My personal information states that she was born 4 June 1844 in Doverfield, Derbyshire, England. She is listed in my records as Rosabell Elizabeth Ellen Fletcher. Her marriage certificate has her name as Elizabeth Crooks Fletcher and she married William Hardcastle in 1862 at Christ Church in Pitsmoor, Yorkshire,England. They came to America (Pennsylvania) before 1868 because she had a child born in 1868 and they are listed in the Census Record of 1870.

Thanks

Hi, there is no Doverfield in Derbyshire ( or anywhere else in England) but there is a Doveridge in Derbyshire - might that be it? Also I see some Drebyshire people put down "Dove Holes" as place of birth on census. Have a look at Genuki for options http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Parishes.html

I have had a look at ancestry census records & can't see an entry in 1851 or 1861 that stands out as possibly being her.

Best of luck

John

Guest smary

Hi,

Thanks

there is someone researching this family on Ancestry - they have Rosabell born Bromfield and a son born in Sheffield - Orlando Heathcote Hardcastle 1863