Cast Iron Plaque By Hadfields

brian Robert

I am a member of the Bugkinghamshire Railway Centre and this plaque has come into our possession, see photo attached. The outer rim is inscibed "HRH THE PRINCE OF WALES . KC . K.T" Legend ot base " HADFIELDS MANGANESE STEEL SHEFFIELD ' ' ' MAY 29th 1923.

The prince of Wales was to become Edward the Eigth.

Can anyone provide any information about this plaque?http://

'The Prince of Wales (later Edward VIII) visited Sheffield to open the Town Hall extension. He also visted the University and three factories'

SH link .. Whitaker's Sheffield Almanac - January to June (1) It happened on this day/date in Sheffield

Royal Visit of Edward, Prince of Wales, at Hadfields Co. Ltd., East Hecla Works.

Link .. picturesheffield

'The Prince of Wales (later Edward VIII) visited Sheffield to open the Town Hall extension. He also visted the University and three factories'

SH link .. Whitaker's Sheffield Almanac - January to June (1) It happened on this day/date in Sheffield

Royal Visit of Edward, Prince of Wales, at Hadfields Co. Ltd., East Hecla Works.

Link .. picturesheffield

Thank you SteveHB for your quick reply, I was wondering how special this was, ie. were many made? As it is a none railway item it does not really have a place in our museum, if we were todispoe of it I wonder if anybody would like it

Brian Robert

Thank you SteveHB for your quick reply, I was wondering how special this was, ie. were many made? As it is a none railway item it does not really have a place in our museum, if we were todispoe of it I wonder if anybody would like it

Brian Robert

Hi Brian,

makes me wonder where the plaque originated from and like you say "how many were made ?".

Regarding the railway connection, Hadfield's did manufacture trackwork and parts for locomotives.

Link .. Grace's Guide