South Yorkshire Pte Early Liveries.

nutman24

Remember the pale skirt and roof that preceded the tan and cream. Went pink in the sun, especially the hot summer of 76. To the dark Tan and cream. Has anybody got any pictures of the early livery?

Remember the pale skirt and roof that preceded the tan and cream. Went pink in the sun, especially the hot summer of 76. To the dark Tan and cream. Has anybody got any pictures of the early livery?

Welcome Nutman. Have a look at this site - you should find all SYT stuff under the sun, pink or otherwise.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sypte/pool/with/5680457460/

The only shot I can see on Sheffield History is this one of Leyland National No 1 . I remember my first sight of this new livery on one of the Daimler Fleetlines of the 229-246 batch and wondering what on earth it was and how insipid it looked.

The only shot I can see on Sheffield History is this one of Leyland National No 1 . I remember my first sight of this new livery on one of the Daimler Fleetlines of the 229-246 batch and wondering what on earth it was and how insipid it looked.

Thanks to both of you for replying. I've looked at the Flikr site before, some goo old memories on there.

I remember the early livery, but haven't got any photo's. When I was getting ready to leave school in 78, i went to Rutland road paint shop for a days Work Experience. Atlantean 227 was there in red. I took a few shots of it, but they came out really dark. Too dark to put on here. Shame really, as I've only ever seen one photo of it.

Thanks to both of you for replying. I've looked at the Flikr site before, some goo old memories on there.

I remember the early livery, but haven't got any photo's. When I was getting ready to leave school in 78, i went to Rutland road paint shop for a days Work Experience. Atlantean 227 was there in red. I took a few shots of it, but they came out really dark. Too dark to put on here. Shame really, as I've only ever seen one photo of it.

already covered in this thread..

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=9097

Guest transit

....heres a colour pic of National no.4 in the unliked pale livery - which only lasted about 3 or 4 months before a darker tan was chosen , along with new style fleetname , which then became "standard" till 1980 . <_< .....