Windoze Seven

hilldweller

I have Windows 7 home premium 64 bit running with service pack 1. I also have FireFox 4, and previously had firefox 3.6, on it, both 32 bit and both ran perfectly.

Firstly, check that Firefox is installed in the right program folder. In the root directory of the C drive in Windows 7 there are 2 program folders.

One is called "programs" and is for 64 bit stuff only, the other is called"programs(x86)" which is for 32 bit stuff and is where Firefox should be.

Secondly, if it is installed in the right foldr I would try uninstalling it and reinstalling it now that the Microsoft service pack updates are running.

It should work, - mine does.

Tried again with Firefox 4 in programs(x86), wouldn't accept it, 'so I tried Firefox 5 and it loaded and runs without any problem. Just hoping that Service Pack 2 is a long time a'coming.

Thanks,

HD

Tried again with Firefox 4 in programs(x86), wouldn't accept it, 'so I tried Firefox 5 and it loaded and runs without any problem. Just hoping that Service Pack 2 is a long time a'coming.

Thanks,

HD

Mine worked with Firefox 3.6 and 4.

It has just updated to Firefox 5 but I can't see why they have called it FireFox 5 and not Firefox 4.1 as the difference seems to be just a security patch rather than a new version.

It must have some new features though (or very tight security) as it has disabled 2 Firefox add ons to enable the update.