Quaint

dunsbyowl1867

Took a walk down past Westminster Abbey earlier today and observed these zany Royalists camping out already. We are off to the seaside for the day! Anybody else got any alternative plans?

Took a walk down past Westminster Abbey earlier today and observed these zany Royalists camping out already. We are off to the seaside for the day! Anybody else got any alternative plans?

But if there wasn't going to be a Royal Wedding would you still be going to the seaside?

..or would you have to be going to work instead.

It's not often we get an extra days holiday by Royal decree.

But if there wasn't going to be a Royal Wedding would you still be going to the seaside?

..or would you have to be going to work instead.

It's not often we get an extra days holiday by Royal decree.

I might do the weekly shopping on Friday morning, it should be quiet in the supermarket

I might do the weekly shopping on Friday morning, it should be quiet in the supermarket

A bit of a sore point that one.

My wife works in a garden centre and they make a lot of money selling stuff on Bank Holidays, and plants need looking after every day.

Consequently she has so far worked Good Friday, part of Easter Sunday, Easter Monday and she will still be working Royal Wedding day and Bank Holiday Monday as well.

Although the Royal Wedding has been given to us by Royal decree she will not be getting it, - and neither will thousands of others who work in retail for greedy profit driven bosses.

In contrast I am getting all those days off as part of my 2 week school Easter Holiday, and what's more, as Royal wedding Day falls in a set school holiday those nice employers down at the education offices have given us another day off in July as well, making the 6 weeks holiday a day longer, so that we don't lose out on holiday entitlement.

Now, if the Queen gives everyone a days holiday and some greedy bosses over rule her and stop their employers taking it to me that is TREASON, which possibly still carries a death penalty.

So perhaps greedy bosses should be rounded up and incarserated in the Tower of London to await transportation to Tyburn for the execution of their sentence.

Guest Cyberman

A bit of a sore point that one.

My wife works in a garden centre and they make a lot of money selling stuff on Bank Holidays, and plants need looking after every day.

Consequently she has so far worked Good Friday, part of Easter Sunday, Easter Monday and she will still be working Royal Wedding day and Bank Holiday Monday as well.

Although the Royal Wedding has been given to us by Royal decree she will not be getting it, - and neither will thousands of others who work in retail for greedy profit driven bosses.

In contrast I am getting all those days off as part of my 2 week school Easter Holiday, and what's more, as Royal wedding Day falls in a set school holiday those nice employers down at the education offices have given us another day off in July as well, making the 6 weeks holiday a day longer, so that we don't lose out on holiday entitlement.

Now, if the Queen gives everyone a days holiday and some greedy bosses over rule her and stop their employers taking it to me that is TREASON, which possibly still carries a death penalty.

So perhaps greedy bosses should be rounded up and incarserated in the Tower of London to await transportation to Tyburn for the execution of their sentence.

Not so sure it was announced as a set Bank Holiday DaveH, unfortunately I believe that it was left upto those greedy employers to decide.:angry:

Not so sure it was announced as a set Bank Holiday DaveH, unfortunately I believe that it was left upto those greedy employers to decide.:angry:

In which case my employers, N.E. Derbyshire Education Authority, have been exceptionally generous with the way they have given me this particular holiday.