Get your History while you still can

Henry Pond

After the point being made about redgates not being photographed because it was "just a shop" - make sure that any bits of this compulsory purchase area that you're interested in gets recorded before it's too late ...

After the point being made about redgates not being photographed because it was "just a shop" - make sure that any bits of this compulsory purchase area that you're interested in gets recorded before it's too late ...

Wow, I'm speechless

Guest Rachy

So Kingdom nightclub looks set to go soon, depsite the fact it is reopening as Embrace in 2 weeks lol

How long till "stuff" happens to this area please ?

Palatine Chambers, the Citadel, Leah's Yard (the real one), personally I'd have taken out Debenhams as well .... sorry

Maybe this would be a good area to explore with our cameras during our meet up on Saturday 5th May?

Fat Cat for initial meet and perhaps a bite to eat before setting out with cameras to capture a bit of Sheffield before more of it is lost.

Definitely

There's a few back yards and alleys to explore round there too

Yeah I'll bet.

*shudders*

Guest Jeremy

I think that these two were in that area. I can't quite remember where though.

Jeremy

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2007/post-335-1177105429.jpghttp://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2007/post-335-1177105437.jpg

The one on the left is still there - but boarded up (well - it was still there a couple of weeks ago)

lol

Guest plain talker

The yellow-faced building is still standing, It's on the junction of Carver Street (IIRC) and West St, opposite the Co-op bank.