Jack Wrigley (The Camera Man)

jimbob55

The Facebook group that i help to run has a picture exhibition showing in the shopfronts at the B&C Co-op on Castle St, Jack wrigley has become a member of the group and has contributed some of his pictures which are on show there.

On Tuesday we also had a BBC Look North film crew down at The Dog and Partridge Trippet lane where we have a smaller display showing to film a piece about the group which was shown last night.

We were very pleased that Jack turned up and got a piece on camera.The article was shown on Look North last night, but is available HERE on the Iplayer, the piece starts 14:20 into the show.

Jack did a longer piece which was edited out ,but we are hoping to get all the footage that was shot and edit it ourselves. As soon as we have it i,ll put a link on here.

The group and its pictures can be found on Facebook HERE

Some great pictures thanks.

But:

For a project aimed partly, I suppose, at recording Sheffield for future generations, I'm surprised by the number of photos with no date or description.

Some great pictures thanks.

But:

For a project aimed partly, I suppose, at recording Sheffield for future generations, I'm surprised by the number of photos with no date or description.

We always try to get people to detail their uploads but many of them dont know any details, and with 12,000 + images and almost 3,000 members its almost impossible to research them all.

Part of the reason for having so many images is that we dont put any limitations on uploaded pictures, basically if it is of or about Sheffield it will be included.

The Facebook group that i help to run has a picture exhibition showing in the shopfronts at the B&C Co-op on Castle St

I have been looking at that exhibition over the last few weeks as I have walked back uptown from Castle market and found it very interesting. Thanks jimbo55 for helping put on such a good display, I noticed that many other shoppers stop and look as well so it certainly gets peoples interest.

By the way, - what happened to the display in the lower floor of Castle Market? There are so many empty stalls down there now that you could have an even bigger display.

I particularly liked the locally captioned pictures like these (sorry for poor quality, - taken with mobile phone through B&C shop window!)

By the way, - what happened to the display in the lower floor of Castle Market? There are so many empty stalls down there now that you could have an even bigger display.

The first display we had down there in Feb last year was mostly transferred into the Sheffield Showcase and then on to the Clocktower at the northern general, and then into the Winter Gardens, some of them are in the co-op display and some are in the Dog and Partridge on Trippet lane in what has turned into a semi permanent collection that we,re going to keep updating.

we still have around 90 pictures stored down at the Castle Market that we were going to use as the starting point for a display to be shown over Christmas,but time and politics conspired against us (don,t ask !)

We had almost settled on a permanent display in the new markets that are planned at Moorfoot,but now that has been suspended,we may be back in the market with another display to fill up the empty stalls.

The first display we had down there in Feb last year was mostly transferred into the Sheffield Showcase and then on to the Clocktower at the northern general, and then into the Winter Gardens, some of them are in the co-op display and some are in the Dog and Partridge on Trippet lane in what has turned into a semi permanent collection that we,re going to keep updating.

we still have around 90 pictures stored down at the Castle Market that we were going to use as the starting point for a display to be shown over Christmas,but time and politics conspired against us (don,t ask !)

We had almost settled on a permanent display in the new markets that are planned at Moorfoot,but now that has been suspended,we may be back in the market with another display to fill up the empty stalls.

Thanks jimbo55

I really do enjoy looking at these local pictures of Sheffield and I am sure that a permenant display location would be the best thing for them if you could find one. That way people would be able to visit the display regularly knowing that it will be in the same place and you would be able to alter the items on display at regular intervals to keep it fresh with something different to look at. After all the group seems to have an absolutely massive collection of pictures, most of which are very good quality and well worth seeing.