Have Any Of You Ever Wondered.....

Guest Danny

Guest Danny

If you are stood next to another Sheffield History member?

I always go to the local history section of book shops to see if there are any new books i dont have for sale, and there are sometimes other people there looking at books also. It makes me wonder if any of these people are any of you guys off of here.

Anyone else??

Dan

I was thinking the same last year while i was walking around City road cemetery with a copy of the lay-out and a list of plot references -

but i think the flowers other people were carrying gave it away a bit!!! :(

I always go to the local history section of book shops to see if there are any new books i dont have for sale, and there are sometimes other people there looking at books also. It makes me wonder if any of these people are any of you guys off of here.

Anyone else??

Dan

Perhaps we should have a discrete method of identifying and recognising other members?

However, there are now nearly 10,000 of us, of which only a handful are known to be active on the site.

Of these "few" a fair proportion of them no longer live in Sheffield, some of them nowhere even close, - not even in this country.

So I think the chances of accidentally bumping into a fellow member in Waterstones or WHSmiths bookshop while spending an afternoon in Fargate are quite remote.

What about the chance of been in the Local Studies Library or, when it's finished, the Archives? Ye never know...

I was in Local Studies one morning and the Archives in the afternoon. There was a bloke who did the same so we got talking, turns out he was a descendant of the founder of WIlkinson Sword, or so he thought!

Perhaps a signet ring should be in order... that's probably a little medieval...

What about the chance of been in the Local Studies Library or, when it's finished, the Archives? Ye never know...

I was in Local Studies one morning and the Archives in the afternoon. There was a bloke who did the same so we got talking, turns out he was a descendant of the founder of WIlkinson Sword, or so he thought!

Perhaps a signet ring should be in order... that's probably a little medieval...

What about a football type pin badge - i need a new one for the United one ive just binned!!!

Anyone else??

Dan

I'm always there on my, albeit, rare visits to Home, maybe we need a badge ? or to wear a flaming-helmet a-la-Arthur Brown.

Would it have to be so secret that even none of us knew what it was? That would be pretty secret... also pretty useless!

"That friendly old soul Mrs Miggins sends her best regards to you, you old dog, you ..."

snappy enough for you Steve ? Easy to slide into polite, general conversation.

Guest binsted71

What about "Conlige suspectos semper habitos"

Bonus points for anyone who can translate it??

Perhaps we could 'round up the usual suspects' and ask if anyone knows.

Perhaps we could 'round up the usual suspects' and ask if anyone knows.

Full marks for Binsted71! Quite like it myself...

Would it have to be so secret that even none of us knew what it was? That would be pretty secret... also pretty useless!

or strange :

Prithee Kind Sir, do you procure you hair-powder at Ridgard's on the High Street also; and what opinion have you of the accursed tax ?

<br>or strange :<br><br><div align="center">Prithee Kind Sir, do you procure you hair-powder at Ridgard's on the High Street also; and what opinion have you of the accursed tax ?<br></div><br>
<br><br>If we said it to the wrong person it could be rather awkward...

If we said it to the wrong person it could be rather awkward...

"Prithee" on its own would be equally strange ... how about "Eyup Miggins" ?

Anyone else??

Dan

A Sheffield History T-Shirt was on offer until end 2007 - never got mine - just how long have I been here ??

"Prithee" on its own would be equally strange ... how about "Eyup Miggins" ?

Once again theres always the risk of that awful situation... we'd also need to formualate some sort of excuse to explain why you said it to any unsuspecting victim!

Normally we would be able to wear a badge with our avatars on it, but it appears that would not be fool proof!

sorry...

Enjoy, post something silly or strange, I get bored sometimes trying to respond in an adult, sensible manner - sometimes a bit of fun should be encouraged.

Normally we would be able to wear a badge with our avatars on it, but it appears that would not be fool proof!

I was fat (now less so) and wearing a hat indoors but Vox found me, someone esle didn't in a named pub ... the Tinywifelette was missing.