Alpine Pop Man - The Flavour List

Guest liamdsmith

Guest liamdsmith

There has been talk on here of the Alpine Pop man many times before, so I know this is not a new memory to raise, but I wanted to see if we could get a definitive list of the flavours?

Unfortunately(or fortunately) we were never affluent enough to have Pop delivered, although I remember endless arguments with my mum about it, even offering to pay for it myself. If people on our street had pop delivered it certainly raised an eyebrow as they must be rich!

This starter list is from my wife, who was rich enough to have Alipine delivered, and also remembers the hard delivery kids hanging off the wagon.

Cherryade

Pineapple(Poor mans Lilt)

Limeade

Cream Soda

Cola

Dandelion & Burdock

Orangeade

Lemonade

Shandy

Gingerade

and was their an Iron-Bru type flavour?

I can still picture the alpine logo, but does anyone have any pictures ?

Alpine Soft Drinks Ltd

Ravenscraig Rd, Cleggs La Indstl Est

Manchester, Manchester, M38 9PU

England

Company Information

employee size: 132

sales: £2.5M - £4.99M

products: Bottled And Canned Soft Drinks

Business Activity - Bottled and canned soft drinks

Is that picture a bottle from your own personal collection Vox?

Also is that an R Whites lemonade bottle just to the side? - were you a secret lemonade drinker???? ;-)

Is that picture a bottle from your own personal collection Vox?

Also is that an R Whites lemonade bottle just to the side? - were you a secret lemonade drinker???? ;-)

No, I found it on someone's Facebook page.

it was someone who used to work there.

I've been looking for the page again but I can't remember what he was called

i remember the pop man coming around but couldnt say if it was Alpine or not! - were there others?

Sometimes we might get a couple of bottles of Dandelion & Burdoch for my dad but more often than not it was a trip to the shops at Lowedges terminus, empties in hand to claim back the 2p deposit!

Dad used to treat me to a packet of "Panini" to get me to go.

Alpine Soft Drinks Ltd

Ravenscraig Rd, Cleggs La Indstl Est

Manchester, Manchester, M38 9PU

England

Company Information

employee size: 132

sales: £2.5M - £4.99M

products: Bottled And Canned Soft Drinks

Business Activity - Bottled and canned soft drinks

I still have a load of those old Alpine pop bottles, and also a crate (although I think crate may be Magills rather than Alpine as we had them as well after we moved house.

Initially the bottles, with their rubber seal screw tops, were ideal for storing photographic darkroom chemicals in but when I started doing home brewed beer the bottles came into their own as the thick glass and screw top makes them ideal for being washed and refilled many times over (with homebrew) and they are capable of withstanding the gas pressure involved with brewed alcoholic drinks (until the plastic cap starts to crack. It was when I started brewing beer 12 bottles at a time that the crate came in handy.

There has been talk on here of the Alpine Pop man many times before, so I know this is not a new memory to raise, but I wanted to see if we could get a definitive list of the flavours?

Unfortunately(or fortunately) we were never affluent enough to have Pop delivered, although I remember endless arguments with my mum about it, even offering to pay for it myself. If people on our street had pop delivered it certainly raised an eyebrow as they must be rich!

This starter list is from my wife, who was rich enough to have Alipine delivered, and also remembers the hard delivery kids hanging off the wagon.

Cherryade

Limeade

Cream Soda

Cola

Dandelion & Burdock

Orangeade

Lemonade

Shandy

Gingerade

Cream Soda was an unusual one as different manufacturers had different variations on it such as, -

Cream Soda

Ice Cream Soda

American Cream Soda

It was colourless like lemonade buthad a fairly smooth taste and a strong flavour of Vanilla.

Guest albionnil

i worked for alpine in the 80's in Tipton, West Mids some more flavours we did were

Blackberry

Mixed Fruit

Peach

Strawberry

Ginger Beer (not gingerade, sorry)

Passion Fruit

Grapefrui

Raspberryade

some of these were only promotional and didn't last long. we had 8 standard flavours ( which varied on where you lived, if you lived in Scotland for example you got iron brew as a standard flavour)

we also did smaller bottles later on

Ritzi Cola

Big Apple

Drifter

Christmas time we also did bottles of squash and cordial,orange, blackcurrant, lime, and lemon, also small bottles of mixer drinks, ginger ale, bitter lemon, tonic water

We also had a branch that delivered to shops, pubs etc Called Maxipops, same bottles different labels

i was one of the hard delivery kids that used to hang off the wagon

oh the memories, job was brilliant, pay was crap though

i worked for alpine in the 80's in Tipton, West Mids some more flavours we did were

Blackberry

Mixed Fruit

Peach

Strawberry

Ginger Beer (not gingerade, sorry)

Passion Fruit

Grapefruit

some of these were only promotional and didn't last long. we had 8 standard flavours ( which varied on where you lived, if you lived in Scotland for example you got iron brew as a standard flavour)

we also did smaller bottles later on

Ritzi Cola

Big Apple

Drifter

Christmas time we also did bottles of squash and cordial,orange, blackcurrant, lime, and lemon, also small bottles of mixer drinks, ginger ale, bitter lemon, tonic water

We also had a branch that delivered to shops, pubs etc Called Maxipops, same bottles different labels

i was one of the hard delivery kids that used to hang off the wagon

oh the memories, job was brilliant, pay was crap though

Welcome to SheffieldHistory albionill and thank you for posting.

Now that you have mentionaed it "big apple" sounds like a flavour I only ever associated with Alpine.

Prefer a drop of Davenports myself ... pop from the 60's - home delivered along with beer for Father, of course.

Welcome to SheffieldHistory albionill and thank you for posting.

Now that you have mentionaed it "big apple" sounds like a flavour I only ever associated with Alpine.

Guest Charlie B

Cherryade

Limeade

Cream Soda

Cola

Dandelion & Burdock

Orangeade

Lemonade

Shandy

Gingerade

http://www.facebook.com/groups/10732708108/