Hello

Guest kevg

Hello to everyone, i was informed of this site by my wife, i had a quick look round the sections and i'm sure i'm on a film which was produced by a group at Newfield School back in 1966 i think. So from this i decided to register and here i am ! I lived the early part of my life in Heeley and from there we moved to the Gleadless Valley. After a few other house moves i'm now living in Woodhouse, been here 20 odd years. Looking forward to delving deeper into the Forum to see what else i can find. Thanks Kev.

Hello to everyone, i was informed of this site by my wife, i had a quick look round the sections and i'm sure i'm on a film which was produced by a group at Newfield School back in 1966 i think. So from this i decided to register and here i am ! I lived the early part of my life in Heeley and from there we moved to the Gleadless Valley. After a few other house moves i'm now living in Woodhouse, been here 20 odd years. Looking forward to delving deeper into the Forum to see what else i can find. Thanks Kev.

Welcome to Sheffield History kevg.

I am quite interested in the films made at Newfield in the 1960's.

I never attended Newfield School, although I did do my final teaching practice there in 1978.

I attended Norfolk School and we had our own photographic club and cinematography club.

In 1969 we were shown a film made by Newfield School by our teacher Mr. Eric Smith which he had borrowed from Newfield for the purpose. He showed it us because he wanted us to do something similar.

I remember being very impressed with this film, not just because of its quality and very professional editing cuts but because it was filmed on 16mm colour film, and not the usual 8mm. At 4 times the cost of 8mm, and the more expensive semi professional equipment required it must have cost Newfield a small fortune to make this film.

If you have any more details of the film(s) made at Newfield, for example a brief outline of the plot, who made it, who starred in it I would be very interested.

You can find mention of the 8mm films made at Norfolk school, inspired by the work at Newfield in the Norfolk School topic on this site.