Edward Viii Pillar Boxes

Stuart0742

I am sure this has been covered before, however

I believe there are 3 Edward VIII pillar boxes in Sheffield

One is at the junction of Rowdale Crescent and Somercotes Rd at Frecheville, another is somewhere up Carterknowle Rd

What about the 3rd

Does anyone have further information/knowledge, about these

PM'd my answers - just in from work; sure I had posted about a Victorian one - some time ago mind you ...

I am sure this has been covered before, however

I believe there are 3 Edward VIII pillar boxes in Sheffield

One is at the junction of Rowdale Crescent and Somercotes Rd at Frecheville, another is somewhere up Carterknowle Rd

What about the 3rd

Does anyone have further information/knowledge, about these

I'm pretty sure that the third box was located on the corner of Leppings Lane and Penistone Road North outside the post office where Burger King is now, I notice that it has now gone from that place when I look on Google Maps. Perhaps it has been re-located in the Wadsley Bridge area. It needs some non-dizzy person to navigate around the district on Google Maps or even have a mooch around in person. Count me out.

HD

I'm pretty sure that the third box was located on the corner of Leppings Lane and Penistone Road North outside the post office where Burger King is now, I notice that it has now gone from that place when I look on Google Maps. Perhaps it has been re-located in the Wadsley Bridge area. It needs some non-dizzy person to navigate around the district on Google Maps or even have a mooch around in person. Count me out.

HD

Go fill up one of your vehicles HD

Your answer is better than mine, I said where it is now, not where it was.

Lets not Spar about it though ...

Go fill up one of your vehicles HD

Your answer is better than mine, I said where it is now, not where it was.

Lets not Spar about it though ...

That's seems to locate them, well sort of, just need to find the missing Hillsborough one and photograph the other 2.

What we need is a man in a white van

That's seems to locate them, well sort of, just need to find the missing Hillsborough one and photograph the other 2.

Strong hint

We don't need a white van man, someone (mention no names) knew where it was all along, he's been Spar-ing with me. :P It's moved just a few yards from outside the old post office to a rather hidden position just up Leppings Lane on the Law Brothers / Spar forecourt.

HD

And I am Google dizzy.

PM'd my answers - just in from work; sure I had posted about a Victorian one - some time ago mind you ...

You posted a request for a photo of the Edward VIII one on Carterknowle Rd. and I posted one .It was one of my first few posts. I'll have a look...

In the meantime here's Mr Google's image. Unfortunately the royal crest is on the pavement side.

You posted a request for a photo of the Edward VIII one on Carterknowle Rd. and I posted one .It was one of my first few posts. I'll have a look...

In the meantime here's Mr Google's image. Unfortunately the royal crest is on the pavement side.

I did, and you did then we both forgot everything we ever knew ...

I did, and you did then we both forgot everything we ever knew ...

The 3rd one then Rowdale Cres Somercotes Rd

Link