Crookes Only

hilldweller

Had a little chuckle to myself this morning.

I was shopping on Crookes when I spotted the delivery van of the well established greengrocer Just Natural.

What amused me was the sign-writing on the doors and rear of the van. The address is given as "209 Crookes Only, Sheffield."

Was this intentional or did the owner stress to the sign-writer that the address was Crookes only and not Crookes Road which is further down towards Broomhill.

Perhaps the sign-writer took him literally when he said Crookes only.

When I'm down there again I'll pop in and ask him.

HD

Had a little chuckle to myself this morning.

I was shopping on Crookes when I spotted the delivery van of the well established greengrocer Just Natural.

What amused me was the sign-writing on the doors and rear of the van. The address is given as "209 Crookes Only, Sheffield."

Was this intentional or did the owner stress to the sign-writer that the address was Crookes only and not Crookes Road which is further down towards Broomhill.

Perhaps the sign-writer took him literally when he said Crookes only.

When I'm down there again I'll pop in and ask him.

HD

Food for thought - (naturally) he he

Guest saint2ooo

I think this was done intentionally to disassociate the Crookes shop from the other Just Natural that was at Woodseats (which has since closed).

I think this was done intentionally to disassociate the Crookes shop from the other Just Natural that was at Woodseats (which has since closed).

I did ask the owner a few weeks ago and that was the answer he gave me.

I'm sorry for not posting at the time but i was on the chip-shop run and when food is in the offing everything else is forgotten.

Do they make XXXXXL sized clothes ?

HD