Another Record Shop - Long Gone

dunsbyowl1867

A long trek from Fargate especially if they hadn't got what you wanted. Virgin Records - bottom of the Moor. Dark gloomy spent may hours in there. Anyone else remember?

yep

didnt it have aircraft seats to rest on with headphones while you listened to the track off the album you were going to buy (or not)??

yep

didnt it have aircraft seats to rest on with headphones while you listened to the track off the album you were going to buy (or not)??

I was a little young back then, but I seem to remember a "funny smell" upstairs, bought Quo's Blue for You there, and a dreadful double live album :rolleyes:

yep

Orange ones at first I think. And ... an oil wheel above those seats that projected ontp the area by the stairs - or did until the oil and fluid completely mixed. The record bins were plain plywood. Quite a bit of American stock with clipped corners at first.

The upstairs was, for a while, a clothes shop. Not a sucess, so probably not mentioned often by Sir Rich.

I really wanted to listen to stuff on the headphones, but when I went to ask to listen, the staff liked my choices and put them on the shop system instead, so I had to stand instead of getting a comfy seat. Being able to listen to a whole side of an LP in a degree of comfort was a revelation.

I think Gong played a set round the back of the shop early on too.