Where Did Grandad Enlist?

Guest spook

Guest spook

My Grandad (who was a Sheffield resident) enlisted at Sheffield on 13/06/1940 and joined the West Yorkshire Regiment. I have his Army Service Records but they don't say where in Sheffield he joined up, does anyone have any idea on where he might actually have enlisted?

My Grandad (who was a Sheffield resident) enlisted at Sheffield on 13/06/1940 and joined the West Yorkshire Regiment. I have his Army Service Records but they don't say where in Sheffield he joined up, does anyone have any idea on where he might actually have enlisted?

Hello and Welcome to the site Spook. I think our member Trefcon will be best placed to answer your question = he will be along soon. He might need a name, but should be in contact with you if you don't want the name on open view.

Good Luck.

Guest Trefcon

No idea is the short answer, WW2 not my war. I do know though that medicals were held at the Cutlers Hall.

Dean.

Guest spook

No idea is the short answer, WW2 not my war. I do know though that medicals were held at the Cutlers Hall.

Dean.

Thanks Richard and Dean, it was worth a shot.

Thank you for the welcome too, is it a record having my first post FOUR years after joining?! :-D

I had a quick look through the roll of honour and didn't see my Grandad's name, can I supply it to have it added?