What A Great Website

Guest P.C Guru

Guest P.C Guru

Having read some of the posts on this website, it has brought a lot of memories back of people and places.

In somes cases, I've felt quite choked on the places we've lost. It has brought home to me what a great place Sheffield can be and could be.

Well done Admin !

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the site. The more members we get the more memories are added which enhances the site for everyone. And yes Sheffield IS one of the greatest places in the world and lets hope its history gets preserved and not bulldozed away.

Having read some of the posts on this website, it has brought a lot of memories back of people and places.

In somes cases, I've felt quite choked on the places we've lost. It has brought home to me what a great place Sheffield can be and could be.

Well done Admin !

Cheers Craig but it's not me that's done it - it's the members like yourself that have made this site by posting such fabulous memories and pictures !

For me its the little memories that may never end up in the archives or in text books... chips and curry sauce at the Barracuda chippy, memories of Badleys Records, fishing on Wire Mill Dam etc. etc.

Few historians are interest in the nuts and bolts of our personal memories.

Amazing that whatever part of Sheffield we are from, and whatever period we all seem to recall very similar things.

No wonder Sheffield is called the biggest village in England.