John Collier, John Collier

RichardB

Guest transit

Sing along, now, where were the shops please ? I have an idea, would welcome any thoughts ...

Was"nt there one on Attercliffe common - near Banners?

Was"nt there one on Attercliffe common - near Banners?

On the same parade between Banners and Staniforth Road?

Guest transit

Sing along, now, where were the shops please ? I have an idea, would welcome any thoughts ...

Another one on the bend just below C&A (late 60"s-70"s) as the road went down Haymarket-more or less facing Fitzalan Square / Commercial St. - Now a KFC!

That's right. It is now KFC or burger King or the likes. After John Collier (30 Bob Tailors), it was The Halifax.

'John Collier, John Collier, the window to watch'.

Guest tsavo

That's right. It is now KFC or burger King or the likes. After John Collier (30 Bob Tailors), it was The Halifax.

'John Collier, John Collier, the window to watch'.

Or were they the 50/- (fifty shillings, or £2.50p) tailors. Somebody used to advertise under that slogan.

Could be wrong and probably am...

Or were they the 50/- (fifty shillings, or £2.50p) tailors. Somebody used to advertise under that slogan.

Could be wrong and probably am...

There definately was a 50/- tailor on that site ..... beyond me how I know that, some book or other ..... must organize brain ....

Guest Yggdrasil

Another one on the bend just below C&A (late 60"s-70"s) as the road went down Haymarket-more or less facing Fitzalan Square / Commercial St. - Now a KFC!

Here's the Haymarket branch.

020_zps4a8a70b2.jpg

Price's Taylors - Leeds Here's the blurb but I can't open the picture

1970. View across the Cardigan Fields area from Canal Road. To the left is Armley Mills, owned by Bentley and Tempest, moving right the cooling towers of Kirkstall Power Station can be seen in the background. Prices Taylors Ltd. clothing factory is to the right of the towers.

Edit:- yes I can, it is here