Lord John, High Street

Sandroulla

Does anyone remember Lord John - on the High Street, about where Black's is these days?

Very smart, very cool gents outfitters in the 70's.

We bought my hubby's wedding suit there - 1975 - brown pinstripe, 27inch flares, 5 inch lapels - worn with a cream shirt with elongated collar, brown kipper tie & 2inch platform boots (we had to go to Manchester for those!)

I never did understand why everyone laughed when I took my wedding photos to work in the late 90's - my sister's wedding in the 60's was a teddy boy wedding, with zoot suits, DA's and crepe soled brothel creepers - now THAT was funny!

Was the shop Lord John or John Lord? I have a feeling John Lord, course my memory is suffering from beer induced forgetfulness.

Was the shop Lord John or John Lord? I have a feeling John Lord, course my memory is suffering from beer induced forgetfulness.

I think John Lord ...

NOT that I'm the kind of lady that doesn't like to be contradicted..........but here's a link to the original Lord John on Carnaby Street.....the Sheffield branch wasn't quite so colourful though!

Lord John Carnaby Street

Guest coffee cup

I remember my mum bought me a rather trendy smart jacket from Lady at Lord John which was on Chapel walk . At a guess it would have been late 1970's or early 1980's, I assume they were both part of the same company.