Vintage T.v.

Guest SuzyC

Guest SuzyC

Whilst scrolling through the dire television offerings the other night (please not another "reality" fashion, childcare, foodie, delinquent, drinking, obesity, obnoxious disease, et al - it´s become a bit of an excuse for an old fashioned freak show that is supposed to be banned), however, I digress -- :o I came upon a channel in the Music Section called Vintage TV and enjoyed an hour of rock and roll footage, followed by Sixties music, then on to Rock. I loved it, despite the fact that you enjoyed four tunes, then were barraged by a multitude of cat food and carpet cleaning adverts but at least you have plenty of time during this indoctrination to make a cuppa, uncork the red or even enjoy a sandwich or two. They had some great footage, Gene Vincent doing Be Bop a LooLa (I think I could almost remember that from 65 Special), Jerry Lee at his most enegetic, etc. lol . Some songs were not accompanied by their original footage (copyright maybe?, too expensive?) but did have modern video accompanyment with a bit of satire thrown in eg Stevie Wonder´s "Superstition" was played to the current Pope strutting his stuff, with other Muslim, Protestant etc. leaders thrown in - quite amusing really.

Give it a try, I can guarantee the music will bring back some happy memories. I haven´t watched it enough to know if it is repetitive, suspect it will be, buy hey ho our memories are not what they were are they :huh: so we won´t notice, just sing along some more lol

Whilst scrolling through the dire television offerings the other night (please not another "reality" fashion, childcare, foodie, delinquent, drinking, obesity, obnoxious disease, et al - it´s become a bit of an excuse for an old fashioned freak show that is supposed to be banned), however, I digress -- :o I came upon a channel in the Music Section called Vintage TV and enjoyed an hour of rock and roll footage, followed by Sixties music, then on to Rock. I loved it, despite the fact that you enjoyed four tunes, then were barraged by a multitude of cat food and carpet cleaning adverts but at least you have plenty of time during this indoctrination to make a cuppa, uncork the red or even enjoy a sandwich or two. They had some great footage, Gene Vincent doing Be Bop a LooLa (I think I could almost remember that from 65 Special), Jerry Lee at his most enegetic, etc. lol . Some songs were not accompanied by their original footage (copyright maybe?, too expensive?) but did have modern video accompanyment with a bit of satire thrown in eg Stevie Wonder´s "Superstition" was played to the current Pope strutting his stuff, with other Muslim, Protestant etc. leaders thrown in - quite amusing really.

Give it a try, I can guarantee the music will bring back some happy memories. I haven´t watched it enough to know if it is repetitive, suspect it will be, buy hey ho our memories are not what they were are they :huh: so we won´t notice, just sing along some more lol

I don't suppose we'll ever get the program here, we get all the other junk you mentioned, which I don't watch. Sounds like you have pay TV? Well I don't have that either so there's no chance we'll get Vintage TV. I love watching film clips of bands from the 60's, re-runs of Top of the Pops and Ready Steady Go. I remember seeing the Stones performing to a group of schoolkids, I mean 7 - 8 - 9 year olds, can't remember who were wearing the ties, the Stones or the schoolkids, probably both. Mick was singing one of their very early hits in the days when he stood on one spot, doing all the gyrations for which he became famous but not moving his feet. Classic! Do you remember a show called 'Sounds of the Sixties' - compulsory viewing in our house but unfortunately before we could make quality recordings worth keeping.

Guest SuzyC

I don't suppose we'll ever get the program here, we get all the other junk you mentioned, which I don't watch. Sounds like you have pay TV? Well I don't have that either so there's no chance we'll get Vintage TV. I love watching film clips of bands from the 60's, re-runs of Top of the Pops and Ready Steady Go. I remember seeing the Stones performing to a group of schoolkids, I mean 7 - 8 - 9 year olds, can't remember who were wearing the ties, the Stones or the schoolkids, probably both. Mick was singing one of their very early hits in the days when he stood on one spot, doing all the gyrations for which he became famous but not moving his feet. Classic! Do you remember a show called 'Sounds of the Sixties' - compulsory viewing in our house but unfortunately before we could make quality recordings worth keeping.

Hi Thylacine, no we don´t pay for our telly programmes (as if lol ) it´s on the Sky free to view rubbish under Music. Just glad I don´t have to pay for a Licence either here!! I remember Sounds of the Sixties, loved it. Do you think the Stones music would have been "Not Fade Away", Mr Jagger generally stood his ground, doing gyrations to that song.

I have watched Vintage TV some more and, yes, it is a bit repetitive, suppose it depends what time of the day you watch it but still some memorable songs to enjoy. Unfortunately the constant adverts are a downside :(

Hi Thylacine, no we don´t pay for our telly programmes (as if lol ) it´s on the Sky free to view rubbish under Music. Just glad I don´t have to pay for a Licence either here!! I remember Sounds of the Sixties, loved it. Do you think the Stones music would have been "Not Fade Away", Mr Jagger generally stood his ground, doing gyrations to that song.

I have watched Vintage TV some more and, yes, it is a bit repetitive, suppose it depends what time of the day you watch it but still some memorable songs to enjoy. Unfortunately the constant adverts are a downside :(

Tha sounds like a reight Sheffield lass to me.