Careful Where You Park

flyingpig

Maybe it's not only a parking ticket you need to worry about the next time you park your car, especially when you go to the coast and the weather seems just right.

I took these about two weeks ago in Scarborough. Scary!!!!

Guest willo

he he hi there,i'm guessing from your pics that they were taken from where the pump station is [just up from the luna park].a few years ago the wife & i [we live in scarbor'o] having returned from york [after dropping my nephew at york rail station] decided to have a drive round the marine drive at about 5am.

this was when they were building the new sea wall,as we approached the spot your photos show i felt a bump followed by a grinding noise & promptly stopped & exited the car to investigate. i'd run over 1 of the plastic barrier support things that held the temporary railings & it had been displaced by the [very!!!!!!] rough sea,the thing was firmly wedged under the back axle & the car was well & truly stuck. i told the wife to try the car in 1st gear while i tried to bounce it over the obstacle,any road after about 5mins of this & the ole micra screamin & smokin its arse off i approached the sea wall to look for some thing to use as a lever to try & budge the car,as i looked out to sea i saw the biggest wave ive seen [since the krakatoa film in the 60s-lol] coming in

I ran towards the car in a state of sheer panic, waving my arms like a loony & the wife wound the window down to see what the **** i was waving at. the wave hit us as she got the window halfway down,instantly filling the car & soaking her & it lifted me off my feet & threw me against the wall behind the [legally] parked cars in your photos.

just after this terrifying experience the coastguard arrived in his landrover & after a few harsh words about scarbr'o councils ineptitude at not closing the drive hoisted us free [& lent me some loo roll--lol].a few hours after this ordeal we went down there again [after the sea had abated] & you would'nt believe the debris the sea had thrown on the road [tree trunks- stones & such] so i guess we were very lucky to have got off with a soaking.

so no do'nt park there or even walk round when the sea is angry. as a p.s. i'd like to thank the van full of local constabulary [NOT!!!!!!!!] who drove past while we were in this predicament & completely ignored us, cheers guys.

Not quite the photos were taken over the otherside from the Luna Park near the Spa Theatre but I know what you mean about taking chances around there when the sea is rough, shortly after taking these photos I got a right old soaking, the word is always respect the sea even in good weather.

Guest willo

Not quite the photos were taken over the otherside from the Luna Park near the Spa Theatre but I know what you mean about taking chances around there when the sea is rough, shortly after taking these photos I got a right old soaking, the word is always respect the sea even in good weather.

he he ole willos off to specsavers! i wondered why the 2 cars were parked nose to nose against the wall. but you'r right, do'nt park down there either. next time you come p.m. me & i'l send you an all day pass [free of course]

Thanks I'll take you up on that sometime as I'm in Scarborough quite regularly as my parents live over there.

:) :)