Sheffield In 1991

andyrad

When were the buses de-regulated? I remember walking the length of Arundel Gate one lunchtime just after it happened, and there was literally a jam of buses, nose to tail, from Angel Street to St Mary's Gate, all at a standstill, all throwing out clouds of diesel fumes, and only a fraction with any passengers on, and then no more than 2 or 3.

When were the buses de-regulated? I remember walking the length of Arundel Gate one lunchtime just after it happened, and there was literally a jam of buses, nose to tail, from Angel Street to St Mary's Gate, all at a standstill, all throwing out clouds of diesel fumes, and only a fraction with any passengers on, and then no more than 2 or 3.

26th October 1986, nothing much has changed there then, its still like that now isnt it? lol

26th October 1986, nothing much has changed there then, its still like that now isnt it? lol

I have always referred to High St as "High St Bus Station" and Arundel Gate as "Arundel Gate Bus Station"

Strange really, there always seem to only be a few buses in Pond St Bus Station. I could never understand

I have always referred to High St as "High St Bus Station" and Arundel Gate as "Arundel Gate Bus Station"

Strange really, there always seem to only be a few buses in Pond St Bus Station. I could never understand

I seem to remember reading that Arundel gate and High St are recognised as 'bus stations' by the Council. The bus companies prefer them to Pond St because they're nearer town and not least because there's a charge levied on them for every bus using Pond St station.