Part Two Clubs & Djs In 70S To 2000

Guest paddyman

Guest paddyman

Well here I am again to dish the dirt on the night clubs in Sheffield,lets start with Tiffanys London road Manger Danny Fairweather (my 2nd dad) he was the best manger I ever worked for, catering manger Mic Powel ( who later went on to manage Roxys, Tiffanys on its refit was ahead of its time the first club to have a open DJ box with lots of room for your records as the 12"single was starting you need lots of room for your records

one of the DJs that worked the same time as me was called Jimmy Mack god did I take the pee out off him sorry mate.

I only ever covered at the crazy daisy David Jamison was the manger ( who went on to be the manger at Romeo & Juliets) worked with Kim sanders ( who later left to run a pub) the dj who took over from was steve Thomson ( who later took over from spider in the Juliet room of R&Js) before the daisy he worked at faces nite club,

I also ended up working at R&Js the first company to run the club was EMI it had a mix of Bailys , Mecca and top rank mangers working for it, them emi and thorne ran it before lord del font pulled all his clubs bingo piers etc etc under the name of first lesure for many years the biggest chain going,

the bigger the company the less of a wage they would pay you (go thing i did not do it for the money)

The best DJ mixers in my mind where Cloud (no not because its a Sheff company) Roy and Andrew would listen to the dj needs and in most cases tick the box, best speakers turbo sound, meet the guy that designed them well spaced out,

back to my R&Js days we won the Sheffields lord mayors best float one year it the same year we got kicked off the Rotherham one for being to loud upset the RAF band,

FLC had me DJing all over the place I felt like the Alan Wicker of DJs (ask your mum who he is BUT don't play the wicker rap)

while R&Js was still EMI the world disco dancing started, god that was fun NOT,

we had some great PAs I will dish the dirt on them soon

It's late and they want me back in my straight jacket so till next time that's all folks ( sorry still cant spell)