The Mooneys of sheffield

Guest sajrp

Births Sep 1890

Mooney George Sheffield 9c 437

Sheffield Indexers,

Mooney, Georgius (of 24 Spring St, born 1890-06-17).

Baptised June 29, 1890, by Georgio Bradley MC at St Marie's RC Church, Sheffield Centre.

Parents name(s) are Maria Anna Barrett & Thomae (~).

1901 he's at 23 Corporation Street with his Publican father Thomas - whole family listed as born Sheffield

and a bonus Beerhouse keeper too

1891 a 9 year old George Mooney - he's only 10 by the 1901 Census - a mystery ? and where is Thomas because Mary A Mooney is listed as "Head" ... mother, brother John Thomas both fit.

1881 (damaged image)

I think that it says Grandson, head (widow) is Bridget Delaney, 5 House Ct 1- Street not legible on previous page, image damaged, Lodging House - page before that is Water Lane; image after Mooneys has no Street name; image after that is Water Lane ...

1871 Thomas Mooney, George's Father with his Father Thomas and Mother Catherine, both in Water Lane - does it say Ship Yard ??

and for that matter, where is a map of Water Lane please ...

and there, for me at least, the seam runs dry.

Mooney family history anyone ?

Cinemas, Theatres and Music Halls ?? why is this here and not, erm, elsewhere ?

Guest synthman

and there, for me at least, the seam runs dry.

Mooney family history anyone ?

Cinemas, Theatres and Music Halls ?? why is this here and not, erm, elsewhere ?

Hya RichardB. good question. it's because I'm new here, and didn't occur to me at the time, I was in the wrong category.

Thanks for your interesting input, to my question about, George Mooney. and everyone else. cheers. Pete. Synthman.

1891 a 9 year old George Mooney - he's only 10 by the 1901 Census - a mystery ? and where is Thomas because Mary A Mooney is listed as "Head" ... mother, brother John Thomas both fit.

Possibly in York Micklegate with a "wife" Jane? :rolleyes:

Hya RichardB. good question. it's because I'm new here, and didn't occur to me at the time, I was in the wrong category.

Thanks for your interesting input, to my question about, George Mooney. and everyone else. cheers. Pete. Synthman.

One of the grown-up moderators will, I'm sure move this to a more appropriate location.

--------------------------------

Topics merged

Guest Kerry To-be Thompson

hi just wondered if anyone knows where i can find the documentary as George Mooney is supposed to b my great grandad x many thanks

Guest Lakin

I have a photo of ada mooney who was the sister of the Mooney Brothers.

She is at one of my family members wedding in 1930.

She was going out with the brother of the family member who got married.

I need to ask permission of a family member 1st before uploading their mum & dads wedding photo & giving out more information.

The 5th person from top left is John William Fantom who had the Prince of Wales Feathers (46 Bard Street, Park)

Is dad had this pub before him. is name was John Walter Fantom. The 4th person from top left is the brother of John William Fantom (I THINK). He was nicknamed Sunny. & the 3rd from left is ada mooney (I THINK).

I believe John William Fantom died around 1940. Is daughter is 81 years old now & lived in this pub for many years. She knows every name on this photo. I will get her to write down all the names on it. I may have a photo of John Walter Fantom as well.