House Of Help

popt

My ancestors lived at 2 Bingham Square on Trafalgar Lane.

I have just found a copy of the details of girls who spent time there in the 1888-1906 period who needed help.

These details are on the Sheffield and district family History website.

My family were still living at this address during this period.

Can anyone enlighten me or give me any clues to where i could find out what the situation was and who paid for the upkeep of the place.

My Great Grandfather Stephen Terry died there in 1893 and his wife Anne Terry nee Ellis died there in 1889.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanking you PopT

The House of Help for young girls was located at 1 Paradise Square, these are the records that were transcribed by Sheffield & District FHS

Angela

The House of Help for young girls was located at 1 Paradise Square, these are the records that were transcribed by Sheffield & District FHS

Angela

Hi Angela

As you can read I'm still getting it wrong???

Thanks for the correction. Do you know who funded the Home or is there any more info I can look up. I have found 4 of my family enterin g the place. Can I find out when they left?

PopT

Hi Angela

Thanks for the correction. Do you know who funded the Home or is there any more info I can look up. I have found 4 of my family enterin g the place. Can I find out when they left?

PopT

Have you seen these popt ?

Records

There's more on SH - "Paradise Square"

Here

Quite a few posts about the House of Help within these pages.

Hi Angela

PopT

Hi.

The actual admission registers give more information including parent's names, and why the child was admitted. Makes very interesting reading.

If you give me their names I'll film the admissions when I'm next at the local studies,(if you are still in NZ) as the archives are closed.

I might have to order the books from where they have stored them and this requires 10 days notice.

Angela

Angela T

Thanks for all your help.

You are one of those special people who are the heart and soul of these forums.

Regards PopT