Help Required

vox

From time to time (not very often) I get this error message when I've closed Fire Fox then try to open it again.

FF is clearly not running. It isn't present in "task manager - applications"

There's no way round it but to re-start the computer.

When this happens, everything else seems to work ok, and I can get on-line using IE with no problem.

The screen print - by the way - is of an occasion when I tried to open FF via my SH short cut.

From time to time (not very often) I get this error message when I've closed Fire Fox then try to open it again.

FF is clearly not running. It isn't present in "task manager - applications"

There's no way round it but to re-start the computer.

When this happens, everything else seems to work ok, and I can get on-line using IE with no problem.

The screen print - by the way - is of an occasion when I tried to open FF via my SH short cut.

I often get the top one of your 2 error messages, I usually find if I try again about 15 secs later firefox will open, its as if it a bit slow closing down.

If it does not open, I usually check Task Manager for a version of Firefox still running, in processes, then just stop it.

This problem can happen in Excel as well.

I often get the top one of your 2 error messages, I usually find if I try again about 15 secs later firefox will open, its as if it a bit slow closing down.

If it does not open, I usually check Task Manager for a version of Firefox still running, in processes, then just stop it.

This problem can happen in Excel as well.

I used to get the top one of the error messages when I used to use Firefox about a year ago.

The problem started when Firefox updated from version 3.5 to 3.6.

It was caused by the actual the program file.

In all versions of firefox up to 3.5 the file was called firefox.exe but for version 3.6 it was called Firefox3.exe. The new version installed without overwriting the earlier version (because it had a different name) or deleting it.

This means a situation can arise where firefox3.exe is in use but the older version, Firefox.exe can also be running causing this problem.

I cured the problem simply by uninstalling Firefox completely and then reinstalling just the latest (3.6) version only.