Bradford

RichardB

"If anyone wishes to feel how a sinner is tormented in Purgatory let him travel to Bradford".

German poet - Georg Weerth

I quite like Bradford as a city and used to visit it regularly about 15 years ago or so.

However, last time we visited (in the 1990's) me and MrsH were stopped in the street by reporters from the Bradford Telegraph & Argos, had our photo taken and were interviewed about our view on underage sex, who should teach young teenagers about sex (of course MrsH dropped me in it by revealing I was a science teacher and regularly taught this sensitive topic as part of either Biology or Health & social Care lessons).

At the time Bradford had proposed a system of older students aged 17-8 could help educate the younger students, an idea which some were in favour of in the City while others were strongly against.

We gave our views on the matter but as were only in Bradford for the day we didn't get to see or buy the copy of the Telegraph & Argos with this item.

I don't really want to see my picture in the paper with a big headline with the word "SEX" in it.

Now that would be so embarassing it would be,-

"If anyone wishes to feel how a sinner is tormented in Purgatory let him travel to Bradford".