West Riding Royal Engineers Ww1

Just wondered if anyone had a relative with these poor devils, Some look haunted and still young for 1919.

BURSCHEID is near Solingen.

I am wondering if some of those above appear below. (My Grandfather does)

West Riding Monument is at Ypes next to the canal at Essex Farm

Excellent images, which ones your grandfather ?

Ta, Edward J. Audoire is directly above the sign, corporal. The monument pic,- Second from left, bottom

Been finding out more from a ww1 site called "The long long trail". "Ask away"

I knew he started out in the Royal Guernsey Militia in the early 1900,s. What I didnt know was that the 455 coy RE, was sent out to re-inforce Gallipoli. They got to Egypt but then the evacuation had started so they were re-directed via Marsielle to the Western front.

EJA is standing the one seated is UNKNOWN ?

I have also found a ww1 site that will take my photo,s

Guest Trefcon

Forgive me Mike, you did send me the uniformed group image along with others. The Long Long Trail is an excellent site, set up by the founder of the Great War Forum, Chris Baker.

You could post what you have on here Mike, would be more than welcome.

Dean.

Forgive me Mike, you did send me the uniformed group image along with others. The Long Long Trail is an excellent site, set up by the founder of the Great War Forum, Chris Baker.

You could post what you have on here Mike, would be more than welcome.

Dean.

Thats ok, I get confused. Most other stuff I have is Channel Islands material.

I tried to log on to the "fourteeneighteen" site, couldn,t, said my em address was banned!

Anyhow, Sheffiled soldiers,- I have sorted out E.J.Audoire, Thomas Charles Audoire, and Harry Audoire (who I have a pic of).

A PUZZLE I have is, Henry Issac Audoire b1880-1946. brother of Thom and Harry above and he also lived Sheffield. I have been told he had a commendation from Haig signed by Churchill. Trouble is no sign of him anywhere?

Mike

Guest Trefcon

Cant find Henry too.

Am i right in thinking -

E.J. Audoire 2631 Royal Engineers

Thomas Charles M2/054740 ASC

Harry (T)2628 - 476753 Royal Engineers

E.J. and Thomas Charles with papers on Ancestry.

There is a Henry L. Audoire, possible typo but the same on Ancestry MIC's as TNA's. Would have to download it to be sure, £2.00. Quite possible he's got lost in translation.

Dean.

Cant find Henry too.

Am i right in thinking -

E.J. Audoire 2631 Royal Engineers

Thomas Charles M2/054740 ASC

Harry (T)2628 - 476753 Royal Engineers

E.J. and Thomas Charles with papers on Ancestry.

There is a Henry L. Audoire, possible typo but the same on Ancestry MIC's as TNA's. Would have to download it to be sure, £2.00. Quite possible he's got lost in translation.

Dean.

I am told he is not H.L.. Its very odd, Henry Isaac was listed in Sheffield 1925, Wake Rd. (thanks to this site, a previous post)

On Ancestry it gives his death 1946, but nothing else. I am not sure if he was also known as Harry or Harrie

The ww1 site cant fathom it either.

Thanks

Mike

I am told he is not H.L.. Its very odd, Henry Isaac was listed in Sheffield 1925, Wake Rd. (thanks to this site, a previous post)

On Ancestry it gives his death 1946, but nothing else. I am not sure if he was also known as Harry or Harrie

The ww1 site cant fathom it either.

Thanks

Mike

SUCCESS STORY

A while ago Dean identified a A S TATCHEL a comrade of my grandfather in the WR RE. (Killed at Cambrai) Enlisted in Sheffield although a Londoner.

"Sandra C" from the "Longlongroad" wesite has now achieved the "impossible" and contacted A.S.Tatchels descendents who are apparently delighted!

WELL DONE and thanks both of you!

Guest Trefcon

Briiliant Mike, keep us posted if you hear anything more.

Re Henry, as you say, he might have gone by either of those other names, or a long shot, an alias. Also possible his last name might have been transcribed wrongly.

Dean.

Just wondered if anyone had a relative with these poor devils, Some look haunted and still young for 1919.

BURSCHEID is near Solingen.

attachicon.gifGermany group poss after war. EJA above sign.jpg

I am wondering if some of those above appear below. (My Grandfather does)

attachicon.gifMemorial EJA 2nd from right -front (Small).jpg

West Riding Monument is at Ypes next to the canal at Essex Farm

. attachicon.gifessexfarm_1930,s.jpg

I wonder if anyone can guess the date of the photo at the Ypes memorial please? it looks like I guessed it at the 1930s but now think later.