Remember ?

Guest Arriba Los Buhos

Guest Arriba Los Buhos

In the mid to late sixties, my late pal Pete and I used to visit a pub, ( can't remember the name, but if there now, would be off the large roundabout at the bottom of the Parkway,by the old Parkhill flats,) for the weekly meeting of the "Rock and Roll Preservation Society,"

Live artists would be Dave Berry, Vance Arnold, Frank White,and the DJ was Gasping Gus,

any one out there with any other memories or more detail ?

In the mid to late sixties, my late pal Pete and I used to visit a pub, ( can't remember the name, but if there now, would be off the large roundabout at the bottom of the Parkway,by the old Parkhill flats,) for the weekly meeting of the "Rock and Roll Preservation Society,"

Live artists would be Dave Berry, Vance Arnold, Frank White,and the DJ was Gasping Gus,

any one out there with any other memories or more detail ?

Hi Arriba Los Buhos,

nice to see you keep paying a visit to the site.

Sorry but late 60's is a little before my drinking & dancing days started.

However I well remember 'Gasping Gus' doing a disco night at the Link PH

on Duke Street (Park Hill flats) I was Seventeen at the time, so it would have been 1971'ish.

I'm sure one of our members on here can come up with an answer to your question,

'In which pub (Park area) was the "Rock and Roll Preservation Society," weekly meetings held in the mid to late Sixties ?'

Steve.